[fixed] new boost warnings in master

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: new boost warnings in master

Post by uwestoehr »

berniev wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:00 am What version of cmake are you using?
I use CMake 3.22.4.
wmayer wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:17 am git commit c1e7057dbb
many thanks. This fixes the issue for me.

In https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Compile_on_Windows the minimal CMake version is already 3.11 since a while (more than a year). I think we can lift this further if this is necessary.
berniev

Re: [fixed] new boost warnings in master

Post by berniev »

minimal CMake version is already 3.11 since a while (more than a year). I think we can lift this further if this is necessary.
The next is 12 which introduced add_compile_definitions, and more.

May I turn the question around: Is there any pressing reason NOT to move min to 12? A further change may not be of necessity, but may prove convenient.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

berniev wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:39 pm May I turn the question around: Is there any pressing reason NOT to move min to 12? A further change may not be of necessity, but may prove convenient.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72173
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

berniev wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:39 pm May I turn the question around: Is there any pressing reason NOT to move min to 12?
Not from my perspective. I would say, just lift it to 3.12. If someone has issues with this, he has time to report that since we are in a normal development phase.