[resolved] Build freecad broken !

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
openBrain
Veteran

Re: Build freecad broken !

Post by openBrain »

paddle wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:54 am I didn't touched that.
Not my point. Please try to delete/rename this folder. Your local user conf may have turned to be incompatible with latest master.
I only sync my fork's master then pulled locally. git log shows me that the last commit locally are the correct ones. So it really feels like master is not compiling on windows.
Though I guess maybe my cmake configuration (the one I'm using for a year) is not compatible with master anymore (as I have disabled some wb to compile faster)?
So please provide log of FC.
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

Ok so I deleted the appdata, which reset my preferences apparantly, but the build is still broken. I have the following message on report view when trying to open a file.

There is no log file in %APPDATA%\FreeCAD
22:13:29 During initialization the error "module 'FreeCAD' has no attribute 'EndingAdd'" occurred in C:\Users\Sky_l\Desktop\Freecad-Build2\Mod\Image\InitGui.py
22:13:29 Please look into the log file for further information
22:13:30 During initialization the error "module 'FreeCAD' has no attribute 'EndingAdd'" occurred in C:\Users\Sky_l\Desktop\Freecad-Build2\Mod\Spreadsheet\InitGui.py
22:13:30 Please look into the log file for further information
22:13:32 Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Sky_l\Desktop\Freecad-Build2\bin\Lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
<class 'ImportError'>: DLL load failed while importing WebGui: The specified procedure could not be found.
22:13:32 DLL load failed while importing WebGui: The specified procedure could not be found.
22:13:32 Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Sky_l\Desktop\Freecad-Build2\bin\Lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
<class 'ImportError'>: DLL load failed while importing WebGui: The specified procedure could not be found.
22:13:32 DLL load failed while importing WebGui: The specified procedure could not be found.
22:13:33 Cannot create object 'Body': (DLL load failed while importing _PartDesign: The specified procedure could not be found.)
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Are you using the latest libpack? I have no problem whatsoever but I build on linux, uwestoehr builds on windows often and has reported other issues bot not this AFAIK.
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:33 pm Are you using the latest libpack? I have no problem whatsoever but I build on linux, uwestoehr builds on windows often and has reported other issues bot not this AFAIK.
No I didn't change the libpacks. Did they changed since march? If I update the libpack will I still be able to compile my paddle_testing_branch from march 2022 ?
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

paddle wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:44 pm No I didn't change the libpacks. Did they changed since march? If I update the libpack will I still be able to compile my paddle_testing_branch from march 2022 ?
Did you tried to prune the MSBuild cache and do a clean build ?

If you can't compile your branch with the latest Libpack, that is a problem you have to solve anyway. ;)
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

openBrain wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:25 am Did you tried to prune the MSBuild cache and do a clean build ?

If you can't compile your branch with the latest Libpack, that is a problem you have to solve anyway. ;)
How do you do that?
I have just downloaded the new libpack, deleted my build/bin folder, in CMake I changed the libpack url everywhere to the new one. Then configured, then generated. Reopened VS and I'm rebuilding now. Let's see what happens.
Last edited by paddle on Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

paddle wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:37 am How do you do that?
@uwestoehr please what is the easiest way to make a clean build on Win ? Thx
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

Still not working. Not sure what else I can try.

I will delete my whole build folder, launch cmake and start from 0 using the compile tutorial. https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Compile_on_Windows

If this doesn't work I'm not sure what will.

Edit: Ok this is getting very annoying. The debug version finished building, and it won't even launch. When I try to launc hthe .exe I have an error window saying that the abort() function has been called.
Building the release version but without much hope :|

Next step... I don't know. Reinstalling windows or throwing my computer by the window not sure yet.
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

Ok so release version doesn't work better. It now says "This application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the app may fix this problem".

I'm using the libpack 2.7. Is that somehow wrong? Are the libpack x64? The release page doesn't say and there's only one version. I'm building in x64 so if the libpack released is only x32 that could explain.

Edit: my cmake config I used 'build qt5' which the tutorial says it should be enabled only for v0.19. So I'm restarting now, deleted my build folder again, reconfigure/generate with cmake, this time not touching any build settings. Only indicating the libpack folder and check the 'copy libpack to build folder' checkbox.
Last edited by paddle on Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

paddle wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:44 am It now says "This application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the app may fix this problem".
Did you add all the appropriate lib paths to Windows PATH ?
If you didn't, you may have to instruct cmake with

Code: Select all

-DFREECAD_COPY_DEPEND_DIRS_TO_BUILD=ON
          -DFREECAD_COPY_LIBPACK_BIN_TO_BUILD=ON
          -DFREECAD_COPY_PLUGINS_BIN_TO_BUILD=ON