Path module development

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cox

Re: Path module development

Post by cox »

I would never tire of reading uppdates like this Daniel.

This looks amasing, thank you all for your efforts.
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

Things are becoming interesting, now I'm compiling Freecad from the github path page, I aoppreciate the great explanation of sliptonic, but I'm a newbie in Freecad and the make a sketch part is a bit problematic, where could i find a tutorial to learn it, I know it's a bit off-topic here.

Regards

Carlo
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

sliptonic wrote:There are several important scripts that get copied to Mod/Path/PathScripts during installation. If these aren't found, you'll still be able to launch the Path WB but many things may not work.
Now I understand why nothing was quite adding up with this branch. :roll: It has to be installed to work. I hope this will NOT be the case by the time this gets to master. Kind of complicates things trying to maintain multiple installs.

Comparing to the screenshots, there is a lot of stuff missing due to it not being installed. Paths generate completely differently, there are missing functions and icons, etc.

So, can anyone give a quick rundown on what needs to be done to successfully make a local, (home directory) install of this branch? A simple "make install DESTDIR=/home/me/" doesn't work for the build. Can it be done that way? If you all are maintaining multiple installs, how are you doing it?

Thanks, and from the screenshots, this is really looking good. Other than the install thing, great work! :)

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

onekk wrote:Things are becoming interesting, now I'm compiling Freecad from the github path page, I aoppreciate the great explanation of sliptonic, but I'm a newbie in Freecad and the make a sketch part is a bit problematic, where could i find a tutorial to learn it, I know it's a bit off-topic here.

Regards

Carlo
Basic Part Design Tutorial should provide you with the basic concept of Sketches and the Part Design Workbench.

And please feel free to ask any other questions like this in the Help section of this forum. We're here to help get you going. ;)

Mark
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

You need to set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to the directory you want it installed to.
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

peterl94 wrote:You need to set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to the directory you want it installed to.
Ok, is that all? Thanks for the info! I'll be giving it a shot tomorrow, as it's getting a bit long in the tooth to be messing with it tonight.

Oh, and I just made a fresh build and there are more things included, but I'm sure some of what isn't there/working is due to the missing scripts.

Mark
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

I've managed to install the Freecad in git with path active, the online help on compiling on Unix is a bit messy (I have to do a lot of copy paste for the single library needed) but now after some hours of compiling (slow E-350 machine) it is up and running, many thanks to all.

Regards
Carlo
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

quick61 wrote:Now I understand why nothing was quite adding up with this branch. :roll: It has to be installed to work. I hope this will NOT be the case by the time this gets to master. Kind of complicates things trying to maintain multiple installs.
Actually things should work correctly now. Everything gets correctly copied to the build folders when compiling, and I can run FreeCAD from the build folder, everything works correctly... No need to be installed anymore. What problem do you have?
medju

Post by medju »

Hello, I followed your instructions on how to compile FreeCAD. I tried to compile but unfortunately I return 19 errors on the part of the module PATH.

Code: Select all

3>------ Build started: Project: Path, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>Linking...
3>   Creating library C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\free-cad-codePATHv0001\src\Mod\Path\App\Release\Path.lib and object C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\free-cad-codePATHv0001\src\Mod\Path\App\Release\Path.exp
3>AppPathPy.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z)
3>FeaturePathShape.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z)
3>FeaturePathProject.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z)
3>PathPyImp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z)
3>AppPath.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z)
3>Path.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z) referenced in function "protected: class KDL::Frame __thiscall Path::Toolpath::toFrame(class Base::Placement const &)" (?toFrame@Toolpath@Path@@IAE?AVFrame@KDL@@ABVPlacement@Base@@@Z)
3>PropertyPath.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z)
3>FeaturePath.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z)
3>FeaturePathCompound.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class KDL::Rotation __cdecl KDL::Rotation::Quaternion(double,double,double,double)" (?Quaternion@Rotation@KDL@@SA?AV12@NNNN@Z)
3>AppPathPy.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z)
3>FeaturePathShape.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z)
3>FeaturePathProject.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z)
3>PathPyImp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z)
3>AppPath.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z)
3>Path.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z) referenced in function "protected: class Base::Placement __thiscall Path::Toolpath::toPlacement(class KDL::Frame const &)" (?toPlacement@Toolpath@Path@@IAE?AVPlacement@Base@@ABVFrame@KDL@@@Z)
3>PropertyPath.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z)
3>FeaturePath.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z)
3>FeaturePathCompound.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall KDL::Rotation::GetQuaternion(double &,double &,double &,double &)const " (?GetQuaternion@Rotation@KDL@@QBEXAAN000@Z)
3>C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\free-cad-codePATHv0001\Mod\Path\Path.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\free-cad-codePATHv0001\src\Mod\Path\App\Path.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"
3>Path - 19 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Word size of OS: 64-bit
    Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
    Version: 0.15.4676 (Git)
    Branch: path-module
    Hash: 208bfdb52a2929f0fac03099ef6d32d098426d8e
    Python version: 2.7.8
    Qt version: 4.8.6
    Coin version: 4.0.0a
    OCC version: 6.7.1
    CMake: 2.8.12.2
    VS: 9 2008
    LibsPack: 11.0_x86_VC9
Last edited by NormandC on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced "list" tag with proper "code" tag.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hm I should provisorily disable the KDL stuff anyway.. It's not used in the current code, it's just there for "someone" :mrgreen: to develop further later on...