the Adaptive Toolpath Operation generates some strange spikes in the toolpath (see attached pictures). They only occur during the transition from a cutting move to a linking move. It seems like the lead-out move is offset by a constant factor in the x-direction.
I found this bug on my Arch-Linux Machine using the latest (0.18.16131) AppImage:
I tried the same on a windows machine and got a completely clean toolpath without any glitches.
Code: Select all
OS: Arch Linux Word size of OS: 64-bit Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit Version: 0.18.16131 (Git) AppImage Build type: Release Branch: (HEAD detached at 0.18.3) Hash: 3129ae4296e40ed20e7b3d460b86e6969acbe1c3 Python version: 3.6.7 Qt version: 5.6.2 Coin version: 4.0.0a OCC version: 7.3.0 Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
I can not tell if this bug is related to the AppImage or if it is a general Linux problem. Would like to hear if someone else has the same bug.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create new File in Freecad
- Setup a simple Part (A plain Cube with about 50mm edge length should do the job)
- Switch to Path Workspace
- Create a new Path Object. (Select the previously created part and keep all the default settings)
- Select the top face of your part and create an Adaptive clearing operation (Keep the default settings)