[Solved] Adding new toolbits not possible

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Adding new toolbits not possible

Post by chrisb »

Brad, could you please have a look at this? At least one of us both non native speakers is mistaken. I want neither move it back and spoil your topic, nor do I want to dictate herbk, where he has to post. So both of you please receive my apologies in advance.
sliptonic wrote: ping
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi chris,
there is no need to put it back i think, because Brad and others read it. The work at a fix is in progress, so everything is fine ;-)
Gruß Herbert
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks! (merging topics which are listed on different pages in the overview is a pain).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

just a ping for me...
Gruß Herbert
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

We have fixed and merged several things leading up to the 0.19 release.

Are you saying that there is still an outstanding bug? If so, please back up your .FreeCAD directory, remove it and retry with a fresh install. There were several values left in the parameter system that might have caused trouble.

See this thread
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 5&p=479964
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi sliptonic,
sliptonic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:01 am Are you saying that there is still an outstanding bug?
like say'd above: it was only a ping for me (to go back testing the toolbits)..

I have had a few cumbersome pathes at 3D Surface yesterday. But my FC setting was still "lagacy tools" and i want to check if it is the same with Toolbits before posting it.
If so, please back up your .FreeCAD directory, remove it and retry with a fresh install.
Thats what i try to avoid, because my personal settings are lost to with it... ;) ;)
Gruß Herbert
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

sliptonic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:01 am Are you saying that there is still an outstanding bug?
The start with an new user.cfg gives the first error after creating the folder Tool and its subfolders.

Code: Select all

14:34:55  Error loading tool: 45degree_chamfer.fctb : Expecting property name enclosed in double quotes: line 12 column 3 (char 298)
It's not a big one, removing the , at the end of line 11 solves the problem.

Other things seams to work like expected.. :D
Only the prob i noticed at 3D Surface OP also exists using ToolBits, - but thats for an own thread... ;)
Gruß Herbert
throwaway1

Re: [Solved] Adding new toolbits not possible

Post by throwaway1 »

I see this error too with a week old FreeCAD on macOS.

11:01:44 Error loading tool: 45degree_chamfer.fctb : Expecting property name enclosed in double quotes: line 12 column 3 (char 298)Traceback (most recent call last):
11:01:48 File "/Applications/FreeCAD.app/Contents/Resources/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathToolBitLibraryGui.py", line 408, in selectedOrAllToolControllers
11:01:48 tc = PathToolControllerGui.Create("TC: {}".format(tool[1].Label), tool[1], tool[0])
11:01:48 File "/Applications/FreeCAD.app/Contents/Resources/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathToolControllerGui.py", line 132, in Create
11:01:48 obj = PathScripts.PathToolController.Create(name, tool, toolNumber)
11:01:48 File "/Applications/FreeCAD.app/Contents/Resources/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathToolController.py", line 226, in Create
11:01:48 ViewProvider(obj.ViewObject)
11:01:48 NameError: name 'ViewProvider' is not defined

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.25220 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 46282db7c8c65d1205a4cd03499d4beadb1573c6
Python version: 3.9.6
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.2
Locale: C/Default (C)
noah

Re: [Solved] Adding new toolbits not possible

Post by noah »

There are JSON errors for 45degree_chamfer.fctb in both the 0.19 and the current master branches.

The problem in the master branch can be fixed by PR #4953 https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4953/files (Path: fix invalid JSON in 45degree_chamfer.fctb tool bit).
Edit: this is now merged to master.

While looking for similar reports, I also noticed a request to fix a similar issue in the 0.19 branch.

- https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... c632016da3

The code in the current 0.19 branch is clearly not valid JSON.

- https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... amfer.fctb

(I also looked for similar errors in the surrounding directories but didn't find any.)