Create ToolBit in FreeCad

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JoeKa

Create ToolBit in FreeCad

Post by JoeKa »

Hello, I'm trying to create toolpaths with 3mm endmill, but I cannot seem to edit tool diameter with the available toolbits in FreeCad's library.
I heard you can create your own toolbit, do I have to create a model and then convert to toolbit?
https://easyupload.io/utg4xg found this IGS file of a 3mm endmill, wondering if its possible to create tool from this?
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Create ToolBit in FreeCad

Post by Kunda1 »

Please always add your full About info. Thanks and welcome to the forum ;)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

JoeKa wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:23 pm Hello, I'm trying to create toolpaths with 3mm endmill, but I cannot seem to edit tool diameter with the available toolbits in FreeCad's library.
I heard you can create your own toolbit, do I have to create a model and then convert to toolbit?
The referenced toolbit appears to be a very ordinary straight bit. No problem at all to create and edit. However, you should use a very recent version of FreeCAD 0.20 from the development section of the downloads. There have been a lot of updates and improvements to the toolbit facility over the past year.

Make sure you are following the latest instructions (only one week old as this is written).

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Path_ToolBitLibraryOpen

Gene
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

ok thnks a lot