Path improvements. Needs eyeballs.

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: Path improvements. Needs eyeballs.

Post by sgrogan »

sliptonic wrote: PathUtils and PathKurveUtils are fine. PathKurve has been removed. I'm not sure why you're seeing it.
See line 380
https://github.com/sliptonic/FreeCAD/bl ... le.py#L380
"fight the good fight"
bill

Post by bill »

Exactly my point. It is STILL being called!

sliptonic wrote: bill wrote:
This just started popping up! Is this just my installation?

Code: Select all
Sel : Add Selection "blocktest.Pad.Face6(33.750607,31.514822,10.000000)"
Running the Python command 'Path_Profile' failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\PathImprov6539\FreeCAD_0.16.6539_x86_dev_win\Mod\Path\PathScripts\PathProfile.py", line 380, in Activated
from PathScripts import PathProject, PathUtils, PathKurve, PathKurveUtils

cannot import name PathKurve

PathUtils and PathKurveUtils are fine. PathKurve has been removed. I'm not sure why you're seeing it.
sgrogan, thanks for the link to source!
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

cox wrote:The Archlinux installation (folderstructure) is quite sensitive to the use of FreeCAD.getHomePath() vs FreeCAD.getResourceDir().

In Ubuntu i think both return the same value, but in arch the return is different. This leads to issues when the Mod folder is intended to be referenced and FreeCAD.getHomePath() is used.
I'm not sure what' is correct but the change wouldn't work for me on my linux mint (17.3) machine. The two return different:

>>> 
>>> FreeCAD.getHomePath()
u'/usr/lib/freecad/'
>>> FreeCAD.getResourceDir()
u'/usr/share/freecad/'
>>> 
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

sliptonic wrote: cox wrote:
The Archlinux installation (folderstructure) is quite sensitive to the use of FreeCAD.getHomePath() vs FreeCAD.getResourceDir().

In Ubuntu i think both return the same value, but in arch the return is different. This leads to issues when the Mod folder is intended to be referenced and FreeCAD.getHomePath() is used.

I'm not sure what' is correct but the change wouldn't work for me on my linux mint (17.3) machine. The two return different:
Different on Windows as well

>>> FreeCAD.getHomePath()
u'C:/Program Files/FreeCAD 0.15/'
>>> FreeCAD.getResourceDir()
u'C:/Program Files/FreeCAD 0.15/data/'
There is a C:/Program Files/FreeCAD 0.15/data/Mod folder that contains stuff like templates.
The work bench files are at C:/Program Files/FreeCAD 0.15/Mod
"fight the good fight"
cox

Post by cox »

Thanks @sgrogan and @sliptonic, sorry to waist your time.

I vil follow @drei 's sugestion and run from build folder.
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

cox wrote:Thanks @sgrogan and @sliptonic, sorry to waist your time.
No waste of time, I always thought the Win and Ubuntu build directories should be the same, but there not.
data.png
data.png (145.18 KiB) Viewed 2242 times
We should start a new thread, but there's something I don't understand.
"fight the good fight"
flopsy

Post by flopsy »

Hi, I did play a little bit with the version i did compile today... Here is my Experience:
First time i do a frontpannel in Freecad it is very cool to do it with a sketch! Normaly i do use LibreCAD and HeeksCAD and now i want try it with the path-wb.
-for the frontpannel i think its working so far but do i have to make a path objekt for every single hole, and chosse the right parameters?
-the Box i draw with LibreCAD with the "Cheesy Overcuts" when i than did import the dxf in FreeCAD i got little trouble with this overcuts with the correct rounded values. So i used to do a constrait for every overcut to make it closed. When i than tryed to do a path objekt to cut it out i failed with a 2mm tool:

<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>: list index out of range
Than 1.99mm tool did it.

G02 I-9.0050000000000008 J0 X35.994999999999997 Y62.5
i think is a bit much to accurate...
How do i get the tags placed with the mouse and how can i see and change it?

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.16.6664 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: pathimprove
Hash: 3848255944b7023f9910809720193fb650e034d7
Python version: 2.7.6
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.7.0

greetz
Chris
Attachments
arcade-controller4.fcstd
(167.95 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
flopsy

Post by flopsy »

know i do understand how to use tags. :)
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

flopsy wrote: but do i have to make a path objekt for every single hole, and chosse the right parameters?
Yes, for now. I'm working on adding task panels for the operations and the panels will have a way to add/remove geometry to the operation. Then it should be possible to have one operation for multiple holes or profiles.
flopsy wrote: -the Box i draw with LibreCAD with the "Cheesy Overcuts" when i than did import the dxf in FreeCAD i got little trouble with this overcuts with the correct rounded values. So i used to do a constrait for every overcut to make it closed. When i than tryed to do a path objekt to cut it out i failed with a 2mm tool:

<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>: list index out of range
Than 1.99mm tool did it.

G02 I-9.0050000000000008 J0 X35.994999999999997 Y62.5
i think is a bit much to accurate...
I'm not sure what's going on here. It might be something in libarea or in my implementation. I thought all path commands were formatting output to 4 decimal places.
flopsy wrote: How do i get the tags placed with the mouse and how can i see and change it?
Right click on the profile operation in the tree and 'add holding tag' It should open the draft-snapper tool and let you pick a place on the canvas. You want to pick very close to the edge of the part so it's easiest to set 'top view'. After the point is picked, you can double-click the operation node and edit the tag location if you wish.
cox

Post by cox »

While trying the latest comit https://github.com/sliptonic/FreeCAD/co ... b650e034d7 in pathimprove, I find that the EngraveEdit.ui file is probably not considered during make, It probably needs some entry in CMakeLists.txt. But I have not figured out where.

Sel : Clear selection
Sel : Add Selection "Unnamed.Box.Face6(2.074011,7.102004,10.000000)"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kjetil/src/f/sl/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathEngrave.py", line 161, in setEdit
    taskd = TaskPanel()
  File "/home/kjetil/src/f/sl/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathEngrave.py", line 209, in __init__
    self.form = FreeCADGui.PySideUic.loadUi(FreeCAD.getHomePath() + "Mod/Path/EngraveEdit.ui")
  File "<string>", line 4, in <module>
<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>: Cannot open file
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first