OpenCAMlib for Windows

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: OpenCAMlib for Windows

Post by chrisb »

Russ4262 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:20 am Nonetheless, yes, I will post it there.
That is great, thanks in advance!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

LMH wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm On another note: Is the philipps postprocessor still usable?
There are some minor issues which I will fix in the next days.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

LMH,

Thanks for contacting us on the forum. I have taken a look at your image posted, downloaded the referenced file and played with the operation and tool settings until my results resembled yours in the image.
LMH wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm I got the following results:
First, for future reference, if at all possible, please attach a copy of the exact FreeCAD model file to which you are referring in the post. Having the exact file in the state in which the condition occurs provides the developers with a lot more information. Also, please include the tool information if possible - type, diameter, etc..

Otherwise, I can say that the paths are correct on the left side of the model (using my attached image for reference). Based upon what I see in your image and mine, you have a ball nose (rounded end mill) tool selected for the operation - about a 6.35mm diameter cutter. You can see in the attached picture on the left, the cutter drops in Z height to accommodate the ball nose curvature of the cutter - to fit the corner of the model.

I do however see we need to adjust the path calculations on the right side(terminal side) of the model. If the tool were a standard end mill (as in the last picture), the current path would be correct. However, it needs to be adjusted for the ball nose cutter. Other cutter types would more than likely need the same adjustment on that right side when finishing the model. The paths on the right should mirror those on the left in this situation.

Again, thanks for the feedback, Sir. I will work on the solution as time permits. I am limited on time for the next few days, but will have more time in the next few weeks.

I'll have to attach the model file I used for the screen shots later. Network restrictions on this machine hinder uploading the file to third-party site and giving you a link. I'll do that when I have access to my normal work station, and update this post accordingly.

Update: 2019-05-14 Model file link

mfg
Russell
Attachments
Surface_0_A-1.png
Surface_0_A-1.png (202.5 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
Surface_0_A-2.png
Surface_0_A-2.png (198.25 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
Surface_0_A-3.png
Surface_0_A-3.png (205.74 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

Good afternoon, LMH.

I had a moment to look into the path issue you identified. I have adjusted the scan algorithm. I am attaching the modified script. I think you will find it more to your liking - at least on the model we are discussing.
LMH wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pmI got the following results:
I will update the attached script at 3D Surface: 4th-axis Integration and more... to this updated version. Feel free to download from there and try it out. You will probably have to delete and re-create your surface op after installing the new script. It has a new property added to it for limiting the cutter boundary (until I can edit the actual UI and modify options there).

I do appreciate the feedback!

mfg
Russell
Attachments
Surface_0_B.FCStd
(316.04 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Surface_0_B-1.png
Surface_0_B-1.png (186.63 KiB) Viewed 2617 times
Surface_0_B-2.png
Surface_0_B-2.png (191.3 KiB) Viewed 2617 times
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

chrisb wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:45 am Would you mind adding this to the wiki Path_Surface?
Done, Sir.
Wiki: Path Surface

Russell
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks!
RatonLaveur

Post by RatonLaveur »

Hello Gents,

Low impact comment here to thank you for making the wiki page for 3D Surface. And to mostly thank you for streamlining the acquisition of OCL.
sgrogan specifically: a link for Py 2.7 and a link for Py 3.6! Nice!

I'll switch to FC 0.18 based on 3.6 from now on.

Very, very well done.
charles1954

Post by charles1954 »

Hi everyone.
I am new to this part of the forum. It sounds as if I will find my answer here. I am getting an error in the report view that says "opencamlib is not working" I read through most of the posts and it seems that you have been successful in cimpiling a version for windows. What I am not understanding is if it is an install-able or what I have to do to get it working. I am running the 0.19 version of FC. I checked and I do have the ocl.pyd file located in the lib folder. I dont think this is really causing any of my problems in the path workbench, but I would like to get rid of as much red ink as I can. It will make solving other issues easier.

Charles

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18811 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: b809867021deb37be1039dab37b9fe1cafab254e
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
instrukcion14

Post by instrukcion14 »

Hello guys.

I'd like to ask you for help.
I followed the instructions on wiki but newest freecad is compelled with python 3.8.6 but both files are just for python 2.7 and 3.6.
And due to this, I'm getting an error.

do you know how to compile OCL or would be possible to compile it and post in repo?

Or do I still need to have OCL because there is a note that 0.19 doesn't need OCL to install.
loszelos

Post by loszelos »

instrukcion14 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 am Hello guys.

I'd like to ask you for help.
I followed the instructions on wiki but newest freecad is compelled with python 3.8.6 but both files are just for python 2.7 and 3.6.
And due to this, I'm getting an error.

do you know how to compile OCL or would be possible to compile it and post in repo?

Or do I still need to have OCL because there is a note that 0.19 doesn't need OCL to install.
Hello, please, I'm quite lost like this guy. I spend many time, tried to compile library and activate and I'm absolutely fail. Please, is here someone who is able to compile library for new Freecad and attach the file for downloading ? I think, that this it would be standard process with release new version of Freecad (with including in bin folder or for download in repo). I guess that i could save many lives haha :lol: Thanks :-)