Face milling. Still not working right.

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Konstantin

Re: Face milling. Still not working right.

Post by Konstantin »

sliptonic wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:11 pm Trying to pocket with the 50mm cutter should be failing for the same reason as above. It doesn't fit. I'm surprised you got anything at z=0. That should be investigated as well.
You told me to do so :D

Ok, I don't know where to ask, maybe create another topic to discuss it?
I am trying to make a tool manager in my Fanuc postprocessor, and came to a question. What is a common practise in FreeCAD to change tools? O saw somewhere, that one calls all needed tools in the beginning and then selects them with every operation, I tried that, but it's not good, in generated program in the beginning there all those toll changes, and later comes tool changes with every operation. I don't like this carousel. So, what is the right way, what you do if many tools are used? Can you share a real project with tool changes?
Konstantin

Re: Face milling. Still not working right.

Post by Konstantin »

bill wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:32 pm I know most people dont want to hear this, but, 1) make a helper object; say a cube 2) place on milling surface 3) pocket top face of cube 4) Your Done/Go home!
That is how you benefit from a PARAMETRIC environment!!!!!!!! :D
Hm, on my opinion it is enough parametric if I use parametric sketch :) If FreeCAD had 3D constraints, then i would use them everywhere.

About helper objects - I thought of them, but if FreeCAD had ability to calculate - on the left is a wall, can't go through, on the right there is no wall, tool will fit, let's make a path. Like pocket, but inside out :)