I noticed that the Mouse-over hints need a bit of polish. I noticed this at work on next version as well--it's not new though.
The current state of the Pocket Shape Operation:
--The Pocket Shape Operation dialogue Depths tab-> Start Depth, Final Depth, and Step Down mouse-over hints indicate the SetupSheet Equation, or if overwritten with a number, that literal number. By contrast, the Finish Depth reads "Depth of the final cut of the operation. Can be used to produce a cleaner finish".
--There are a couple of issues.
1. The Finish and Final Depth hints are reversed. Finish Depth is the amount of material left for the pass performed at the Final Depth. The Final Depth is what is captured in the 3D Model.
2. The hint "Depth of the final cut of...." is the right idea for a HINT. It speaks to what that field is a control input. The literal value in the field is already available, so it brings nothing to the table. The SetupSheet field is actually a good thing to INCLUDE in the HINT, as someone has recently mentioned, once you overwrite that, it's hard to get back to, so having in the Hint is helpful. But, it might be good to be even more explicit and for the Final Depth field, write "Depth of the final cut of the operation. Defines the material depth left for the final pass of the Operation, in order to control the finish. Default's to the OpFinalDepth field from the Job SetupSheet."
3. By same reasoning, the Start Depth should shift to something like "Depth the operation uses as the top of the material for the beginning of the Operation. The Tool shifts from Rapid movements to Controlled movements a fraction of a mm above this depth . Default's to the OpStartDepth field from the Job SetupSheet.".
4. And, the Step Down should shift to something like "Defines the maximum milling depth for each pass of the Operation. Default's to the OpToolDiameter field from the Job SetupSheet.".
5. The Height Hints show math inputs again.
The current state of the Pocket 3D Operation is identical to the above Pocket Shape Operation, with the addition that the Hint on the Final Depth reads "Final Depth cannot be modified for the operation. If it is necessary to manually set the Final Depth, please choose a different Operation.". Again, good information to INCLUDE in the Hint, but it should primarily speak to the APPLICATION. Hints are for USERS, so 1st order info for a Hint about what the function of the input is on the Operation. More advanced info is lower ranked, or left on the wiki, no?
The current state of the Contour Operations Hints all simply show the SetupSheet inputs.
The current state of the Profile Edges Operations Hints all simply show the SetupSheet inputs.
The current state of the Profile Faces Operation Hints all simply show the SetupSheet inputs.
The current state of the Drilling Operation Hints all simply show the SetupSheet inputs.
The current state of the Helix Operation Hints all simply show the SetupSheet inputs.
The current state of the Engraving Operation Hints all simply show the SetupSheet inputs.
OS: Windows 10
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13005 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)