Can we just take a moment to say thanks!

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
hokieengr

Can we just take a moment to say thanks!

Post by hokieengr »

I'm sure everyone thinks it but doesn't post it enough: thanks to everyone who has made the Path workbench operational! I know tons of work goes into this and all most of us do is complain how things aren't working well enough. Really though, obviously there is a long way to go but I just wanted to say thank you for getting this far!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Can we just take a moment to say thanks!

Post by chrisb »

+1
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
borrisl

Post by borrisl »

Agree.

I'm a developer and have taken up the torch to try to participate in bringing more functionality to Path. Thank you for those that have worked so hard to get it this far.
juelketreu

Post by juelketreu »

I will underlining the words from hokieengr, that is a great work from many people. I think we must thanks a lot for they're work on this Projekt. I could learn so many through this "growing up a CAD/CAM-Software", it is unbelievable !!!
I am a user/player/tester/warrior. It is great to see some People like them are around for this Work.
Sorry for my English, greetings from South Germany
chrili_rakete

Post by chrili_rakete »

Thank you so much!
--
Christoph
dubstar-04

Post by dubstar-04 »

+1
kreso-t

Post by kreso-t »

+1
EskiBrew

Post by EskiBrew »

Can I add my +1 to this too 8-)

I've muddled on for years with CAM-BAM and the way I've used it results in a pretty slow workflow with less than optimal results. I've been using FreeCAD for quite a while and have had my eye on the Path workbench but not really tried to use it before today. Initially I thought I'd just dive in and try it but realised that I wasn't sure quite what was going on. Fortunately I found sliptonic's videos on YouTube and I have to say, they are excellent!

I've successfully created the gcode to pocket a part - not cut any material using the code yet but that's next...