StepOver feed rate change

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
AndyLee

StepOver feed rate change

Post by AndyLee »

Hello all, I am a new user of FreeCad but an experienced machinist who has always written G Code manually from engineering drawings. This is possibly not a problem but it is unexpected G Code behavior when using Step Over in a Pocket. I have different feed rates for Horizontal and Vertical, when Z moves it obeys the Vertical feed rate as expected, X and Y cuts in G1 / G2 / G3 obey the Horizontal feed rate but with one exception. When making a Horizontal G1 move for the Step Over it uses the Vertical feed rate. This seems to be repeatable regardless of tool size, step over percentage etc. I have attached a very simple FC file and the G Code output along with a screen shot, H feed = 6mm/s V feed = 3mm/s (F360 & F180 in the output file) I added some comments where the F180 is used. I have modified the basic grbl_post.py to format the output for easier reading so have attached it here also. Any pointers to what I have done wrong or an explanation of why this is correct would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13522 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 3bb5ff4e70c0c526f2d9dd69b1004155b2f527f2
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
test hole.txt