Question about wiki docs

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mlampert
Veteran

Question about wiki docs

Post by mlampert »

I noticed some missing information in Path_Job and while I was adding that I figured I might as well add some context - but ...

It seems every paragraph has a comment of the form

Code: Select all

<!--- T:<XX> --->
where XX is a monotonically increasing number. If I add a paragraph somewhere in the middle ...
* am I supposed to change the numbers of all paragraphs that follow
* am I supposed to find out the next unused number and use that
* there is no need to add a comment like that

BTW: Thanks to all the folks who've written up the wiki pages, they are just great!
ulrich1a
Veteran

Re: Question about wiki docs

Post by ulrich1a »

I do not have a full picture about these comments. But I think they are added by the translation plugin of the media wiki software. They are marking "translation blocks". If one block has changed, the media wiki software show translators with the help of these markers, where a new translation is needed. It adds automatically new comments of these type for new paragraphs.

So I would say, you should not renumbering existing paragraphs. Just do the changes you want. If you are satiesfied and have sufficient editor rights, you can click on the option to mark your changes for translation. If you have not sufficient editor rights, you have to wait for someone else to mark your changes for translation.

Ulrich