Engraving Fonts

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
micksulley

Engraving Fonts

Post by micksulley »

I am trying to engrave some nameplates, followed a youtube tutorial and used single line fonts from this site
http://www.mrrace.com/CamBam_Fonts/
Fonts 3 & 6 error but the others work fine. The problem is that I need < and > symbols, and the only one which has those symbols is font 9, which I really don't like. I have tried to copy those symbols from 9 to another font using FontForge, but failed. I also found some more on this site
http://imajeenyus.com/computer/20150110 ... ndex.shtml
but cant get any of these to work.

Does anyone know of any other single line fonts which work with FreeCAD?

Thanks
Mick
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Engraving Fonts

Post by chrisb »

micksulley wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:58 pm Fonts 3 & 6 error
What do you mean with that? If you don't need too many brackets you can combine two fonts: I have used font 9 for the brackets and font 3 for the text.
Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-20 um 23.44.45.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-20 um 23.44.45.png (15.96 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
It's been a while since I worked with fontforge but I remember to have copied symbols between fonts.
Attachments
engrave.FCStd
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
micksulley

Post by micksulley »

Thanks for the suggestion, simple and it works. The only downside is that I have to have 2 jobs, but I can live with that.

Just tried fonts 3 and 6 again and they work fine, don't know why I was getting an error previously.

Mick
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

micksulley wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:08 pm Thanks for the suggestion, simple and it works. The only downside is that I have to have 2 jobs, but I can live with that.
Please try the newest 0.18 version. mlampert has made changes to engrave.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.