Adaptive Path/CAM Operation

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dubstar-04

Re: Adaptive Path/CAM Operation

Post by dubstar-04 »

kreso-t wrote:

I had a quick play with the new feature, looks good!!

Infact it looks very similar to the HSM tool path.

Would it be possible to make it smart enough to recognise the inside profile and machine around it keeping the tool down?
Adaptiveoutside.png
Adaptiveoutside.png (168.41 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
This is looking incredible. You should consider pushing this to master in the EnableExperimentalFeatures to get wider testing.

I don't think I have time this week but soon I would like to run this path on my machine and see how it does.
schnebeck

Post by schnebeck »

dubstar-04 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:55 pm This is looking incredible. You should consider pushing this to master in the EnableExperimentalFeatures to get wider testing.
+1 :D
mlampert
Veteran

Post by mlampert »

Late to the party - and I agree with all the ppl who encourage you to make a PR, this would make an awesome addition to Path and from my limited testing I think it's ready. I built and installed your op for the first time today and played with it, this is really good stuff. My models are certainly not the most complicated ones, but I haven't found any issues at all.

Also, I created a PR against your repo to incorporate the changes necessary for the latest master (I broke your integration with the changes for the op default values).

Let me know if you need any help integrating with the FC build system or prepping a PR - although - looking at your code I highly doubt you're gonna need any help.
dubstar-04

Post by dubstar-04 »

kreso-t wrote:
I see something very exciting happening on your GitHub...

https://github.com/kreso-t/FreeCAD/tree ... df66edd724
dubstar-04

Post by dubstar-04 »

What a difference!!
Adaptiveoutside.png
Adaptiveoutside.png (168.41 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
AdaptiveLinking.png
AdaptiveLinking.png (175.21 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
Fantastic progress!!
dubstar-04

Post by dubstar-04 »

Not sure if you have spotted this but rapids are done where there is stock, i.e the tool moves inwards to rapid when cutting from outside in. :
rapidInStock.png
rapidInStock.png (87.58 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
kreso-t

Post by kreso-t »

mlampert wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:54 am Late to the party - and I agree with all the ppl who encourage you to make a PR, this would make an awesome addition to Path and from my limited testing I think it's ready. I built and installed your op for the first time today and played with it, this is really good stuff. My models are certainly not the most complicated ones, but I haven't found any issues at all.

Also, I created a PR against your repo to incorporate the changes necessary for the latest master (I broke your integration with the changes for the op default values).

Let me know if you need any help integrating with the FC build system or prepping a PR - although - looking at your code I highly doubt you're gonna need any help.
Thanks for the PR,

I will prepare PR probably in the next few days, need to test some more those recent additions (ouside-in clearing and keep-tool-down linking) first.

BR,
K.
kreso-t

Post by kreso-t »

dubstar-04 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 pm Not sure if you have spotted this but rapids are done where there is stock, i.e the tool moves inwards to rapid when cutting from outside in. :

rapidInStock.png
Hi Dan,

Thanks for pointing that out, did not notice it until now (so far I ran only simulations for inside-out). I will fix that.

BR,
K.
dubstar-04

Post by dubstar-04 »

kreso-t wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:13 am
dubstar-04 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 pm Not sure if you have spotted this but rapids are done where there is stock, i.e the tool moves inwards to rapid when cutting from outside in. :

rapidInStock.png
Hi Dan,

Thanks for pointing that out, did not notice it until now (so far I ran only simulations for inside-out). I will fix that.

BR,
K.
You are doing a fantastic job with the adaptive operation it's really looking good.

I'm more than happy to keep testing. Next week I would like to run a part on my machine and see how it goes!

Thanks again,

Dan
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

dubstar-04 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:12 am
You are doing a fantastic job with the adaptive operation it's really looking good.
+1
dubstar-04 wrote: Next week I would like to run a part on my machine and see how it goes!
Please please record a video!