Creating CNC roughing and finishing passes

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
quick61

Re: Creating CNC roughing and finishing passes

Postby quick61 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Giving the newest PathSurface.py a spin, I thought I found a bug in it, but as it turns out, it seems to of just exposed a bug elsewhere. This is what I was getting when I tried to load one of the tools from my tool library. -

Code: Select all

Surfacing Select Mode
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathUtils.py", line 61, in new_function
    res = function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathOp.py", line 477, in execute
    result = self.opExecute(obj)
  File "/usr/share/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurface.py", line 250, in opExecute
    self.cutOut = (self.cutter.getDiameter() * (float(obj.StepOver) / 100.0))
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDiameter'
Turns out that when I was entering in my endmills, the tool type pulldown which displays EndMill, is not passed on when you click OK. I have to select any other tool type and change it back to EndMill before the Tool Type is entered into the library. Took a minute to figure out what was going on with that but once that got worked out...

Very nice job with the multipass (5th Element? :P ). Other than exposing that little bug in the tool library, so far so good.

Mark

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.1.
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
Russ4262

Postby Russ4262 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Afternoon, Nemesis.
I am glad you succeeded with multi-pass surface scans.
nemesis wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:21 am
activating it works just fine
I encourage you to download the latest release of the 3D Surface op script at this post: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p299987
Russ4262 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:44 am
I'm attaching the updated Rev. 3t Usable script here also, for convenience. I will upload to my GitHub account also.
bonne chance,
Russell
Attachments
PathSurface_r3t-usable.py
PathSurface_r3t-usable.py
(87.74 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Wsk8

Postby Wsk8 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 am

quick61 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm
Giving the newest PathSurface.py a spin, I thought I found a bug in it, but as it turns out, it seems to of just exposed a bug elsewhere. This is what I was getting when I tried to load one of the tools from my tool library. -

Code: Select all

Surfacing Select Mode
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathUtils.py", line 61, in new_function
    res = function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathOp.py", line 477, in execute
    result = self.opExecute(obj)
  File "/usr/share/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurface.py", line 250, in opExecute
    self.cutOut = (self.cutter.getDiameter() * (float(obj.StepOver) / 100.0))
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDiameter'
Turns out that when I was entering in my endmills, the tool type pulldown which displays EndMill, is not passed on when you click OK. I have to select any other tool type and change it back to EndMill before the Tool Type is entered into the library. Took a minute to figure out what was going on with that but once that got worked out...

Very nice job with the multipass (5th Element? :P ). Other than exposing that little bug in the tool library, so far so good.

Mark

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.1.
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
The whole tool controller seems faulty. A lot of tools (e.g. Centerdrill, chamfermill,...) don't save the entered values.

mfg
nemesis

Postby nemesis » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:05 am

Russ4262 wrote: bonne chance,
Russell
thanks dor the updated script, it works much better.
it s really a good job!