How to create a pocket cut?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: How to create a pocket cut?

Post by chrisb »

micksulley wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:34 pm If I copy paste to an editor it displays g-code as expected. I have just installed 0.17 from the repository to see if it was an AppImage problem but it's just the same in 0.17. I tried running both from a terminal, no errors reported. I tried Report View and that displays little coloured squares just like Inspect G-Code.
There is a qt5 appimage, perhaps you can try this? You can start FreeCAD with the -l parameter (small letter L). It writes a logfile in your .FreeCAD directory. Since you have the issue in report view as well you may ask in the Install forum or the general Help forum. I am not sure if the developers familiar with the internals are watching here.
perhaps
wmayer wrote:ping
or
sgrogan wrote:ping
have an idea.
I had noticed it before, but didn't think it was a useful feature until you explained how useful it can be, now I would really like to try it :)
It's a wonderful poor man's simulation tool.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
micksulley

Post by micksulley »

I just tried
FreeCAD_0.18-5235.2a6655e-OSX-x86_64-Qt5.dmg
that error ed when I tried to run it, so I tried
FreeCAD_0.18_Conda_Py3Qt5_glibc2.12-x86_64.AppImage
that ran but gave the same problem
I tried running
FreeCAD_0.18.14448.glibc2.17-x86_64.AppImage
with -l to produce a log, can't see anything in there but I have attached it anyway.

I will ask on the install forum
Attachments
FreeCAD.log
(14.48 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
micksulley

Post by micksulley »

Update - posted on the install forum, suggested that I rename my .cfg files. Did that and now it works.
Thanks
Mick
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

micksulley wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:56 pm Update - posted on the install forum, suggested that I rename my .cfg files. Did that and now it works.
Good to hear you got it sorted. Deleting config files is one of my standard recommendations. Didn't imagine it could help here. :oops:
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
micksulley

Post by micksulley »

Update - it didn't fix it. Look OK until you save preferences again then the problem occurs again. I have a thread running in Installation