libhdf5.so

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sonik

libhdf5.so

Post by sonik »

Hi everyone, first post here for me.
I am using freecad since quite a while now and i am just starting with cnc'ing. The problem is that when i open the Path - workbench, i get an error-message.

Code: Select all

libhdf5.so.101: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 74, in Initialize
  File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurfaceGui.py", line 27, in <module>
    import PathScripts.PathSurface as PathSurface
  File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurface.py", line 28, in <module>
    import MeshPart

I am on manjaro(archlinux) up to date and my freecad version is 17 13541.
Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: libhdf5.so

Post by chrisb »

Can you elaborate what you have done so far. Does this occur in 0.18 as well? You can try the Appimage which is self contained and does not need (so m)any external libraries.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
sonik

Post by sonik »

What i have done so far is that i installed freecad from my packagemanager, created a piece and would like to generate the gcode for milling that piece.
I just tried Appimage 0.18 and that didn't really work, the top left menu (File, Edition....) is blank, there are no entrys showing up.
Appimage 0.17 is not launching freecad at all.
sonik

Post by sonik »

I retried to launch 0.17 appimage, and finally it's launching and i can get the Path-workbench working, yippie. So thanks a lot for this tip, that way i can continue my work.

Thanks again.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

sonik wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:11 amThanks again.
You're welcome. If your system behaves so peculiar, you can try deleting your config files.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

sonik wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:55 am What i have done so far is that i installed freecad from my packagemanager, created a piece and would like to generate the gcode for milling that piece.
I just tried Appimage 0.18 and that didn't really work, the top left menu (File, Edition....) is blank, there are no entrys showing up.
Appimage 0.17 is not launching freecad at all.
What does the report window say when you load the appiamge? You can also run the appimage from the CLI
./Freecad-blahblah.appimage
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs