How to engrave a line?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
micksulley

Re: How to engrave a line?

Post by micksulley »

I am seeing some strange behaviour here. Attached is my current file, some additional operations but it is the PathShape which looks strange.
Just playing with Z on SketchEngraveLines, I can change Z in Attachment but not in Base. If I change Z in Attachment then Z Base changes, but not by the same amount, except that if I change it to zero then Z Base does not change. The g-code Z seems to be the difference between the two.
I assume that this is a bug, or have I missed something.

This is not a show stopper for me, I can fairly easily reset Z on my machine to compensate.

Thanks
Mick
Attachments
RJ45x7v5.fcstd
(55.73 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: How to engrave a line?

Post by chrisb »

Please go back in this topic and read carefully what has been said before. mlampert has mentioned a cyclic dependency, and I have shown how to remove it and uploaded a corrected model.
If you decide to continue with your erroneous model you will get these strange results.

Inside of a body you can only change the attachment offset. This adds to the placement of the attachment plane.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.