Face operation (Pocket Shape operation), Material Allowance (Pass Extension)

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jurij

Face operation (Pocket Shape operation), Material Allowance (Pass Extension)

Post by jurij »

In Face operation the Material Allowance parameter is not taken into account using
Line, Grid, Triangle patterns. The same problem exists with Pocket Shape operation regarding Pass Extension parameter.
The attached patch might fix the behaviour. The path operations in the attached model were done with the applied patch.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.14993 (Git)
Build type: Debug
Branch: master
Hash: 1e6818b6fbf86ad08d8fc85252dddcae8891dd54
Python version: 2.7.15
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 6.9.1.oce-0.18
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
Attachments
patch.txt
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
offset.fcstd
(33.61 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Face operation (Pocket Shape operation), Material Allowance (Pass Extension)

Post by Kunda1 »

OP created a issue #3665 because they didn't get any feedback from the community. Anyone willing to test this and the patch ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Face operation (Pocket Shape operation), Material Allowance (Pass Extension)

Post by Kunda1 »

jurij wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:55 pm OCC version: 6.9.1.oce-0.18
BTW, why are you still using a very inferior OCC version ? Where did you install FC from ?
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
jurij

Post by jurij »

I have downloaded the source form GitHub using git. Open Cascade came as a package on Fedora 27.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

Thanks for the patch and the issue. I've been out of pocket for a bit with some family stuff. The patch looks good to me but I haven't actually tested it.

jurij, if you're comfortable with git, go ahead and do a pull request for the change. If not, I can do one.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

jurij wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 pm I have downloaded the source form GitHub using git. Open Cascade came as a package on Fedora 27.
Does Fedora Rawhide have a more up to date OCC? Anyway, you will experience known issues not upgrading at least to 7.2

edit: perhaps you can talk to the fedora occ packager to update the package ?
jurij

Post by jurij »

Hi sliptonic,

I am not familiar with git so if you find the patch useful I would be grateful if you could integrate it.

Hi Kunda1,

I have looked for the OCC library version in the latest Fedora 29 and also Fedora Rawhide.
They both use the latest opencascade community edition ( https://github.com/tpaviot/oce ) which is based on OCC 6.9.1 .
Also FreeCAD 0.17 package in the latest Fedora is linked to that library. I think that Fedora doesn't use official OCC library.