I apologise if I am covering a topic already covered somewhere, I haven't been able to find it.
There are a number of patterns in the path workbench: ZigZag, Offset, Spiral, ZigZagOffset, Line, Grid, Triangle. However, I cannot seem to find one which fits my requirements so this post is two fold:
1) is there a definitive example of all the patterns? What should be expected? When i put spiral pattern, I get two toolpaths round the outside with non in the middle of the toolpiece.
2) If i use offset, I then get the desired concentric pattern (when facing), but I now get unnecessary tool movements, rather than just moving in by the tool step over and continuing, the gcode lifts the tool up, over, and down again, this seems unnecessary and inefficient for a simple facing cut!
I apologise if I am being silly with this, I am only doing simple paths at the moment while I get to grips with this functionality!
- showing spiral path two line edge trim
- spiralPath.png (55.57 KiB) Viewed 743 times
- facing path with unnecessary tool movements
- facingPath.png (91.87 KiB) Viewed 743 times