Can this be the source of the doubled gcodes?
Code: Select all
OS: Kubuntu 18.04.2 LTS Word size of OS: 64-bit Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit Version: 0.18.1. Build type: Release Python version: 2.7.15rc1 Qt version: 5.9.5 Coin version: 4.0.0a OCC version: 7.3.0 Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
Code: Select all
OS: Kubuntu 18.04.2 LTS (KDE/plasma) Word size of OS: 64-bit Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit Version: 0.19.16502 (Git) AppImage Build type: Release Branch: master Hash: 06962535fa9ff348acca1b893cc4239908fb8bae Python version: 3.7.1 Qt version: 5.6.2 Coin version: 4.0.0a OCC version: 7.3.0 Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
If your talking about the TestEngrave.FCStd that you posted, it takes my box about 7 seconds to post processes that file - linuxcnc | grbl with --inches argument about 8 seconds. (crudely timed with my analog watch ) If it's taking an hour for your machine to processes that file, you have something on your system fighting very hard for the cpu cycles I would think.nemesis wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 amthanks for the replies!
I ll try the 0.19 as soon as possible (internet issues those days....)
otjer question, how long does it take for you to post process this file?
eventually if you can make a test with 10 times thos string?
just for the benchmark....
I use a Imac i5 from 2011 with 16go sdram with debian buster and it takes about 1 hour and fulfill the ram...
as I said I can guess it is due ti the high quantity of segments in text strings, but just to get a comparison.
so I tried with 0.19 and indeed it works. but I had to remove my home/user/.FreeCAD folder, or it was running endlessly.
sure, could be very interesting, unfortunately GRBL does not support loops
However, upon selecting the engrave operation and clicking "Inspect Gcode" icon in PathWB, things changed. It took multiple minutes just to load the inspection window completely. I went away to work on something else. Came back and it was ready to inspect. (I don't have an exact time frame for how long this took to complete.) I copied all the code to Notepad++ for inspection there. It does appear the code is duplicated. It looks like the required code is about 25,000 lines long. The pasted code from the inspection window is 50,442 lines in Notepad++.