I noticed a recent PR to fix this PathWB dependency on OCL. As of the recent PR #2157, OCL is not required to use the PathWB.
This will not help users of versions prior to the recent PR, but it will SOLVE the problem moving forward. For that reason, I think this topic may deserve a title change to include [SOLVED], so long as readers of this topic understand that the issue is only fixed beginning in pre_0.19 releases after about 0.19.16699, roughly.
ATTENTION users of older versions prior to the release version mentioned above.
This patch is to allow EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES WORKBENCH to display without OCL.
If you are unable to use the PathWB due to the OCL dependency error (can't import ocl), you can easily fix the issue if you are willing to download and replace a file in your FreeCAD/Mod/Path/PathScripts folder with a patched version. Be aware that you will not be able to use the experimental feature: 3D Surface without OCL installed; however, the remainder of the PathWB should be operational for you!
Follow these steps to install the patch:
- download the attached 'PathGuiInit_ocl_patch.py' script
- navigate to your FreeCAD binary folder
- navigate to 'Mod/Path/PathScripts'
- rename your current 'PathGuiInit.py' file to save it
- paste the patched version you downloaded into the same location
- rename the patched version to the original, 'PathGuiInit.py'
- restart FreeCAD
If anyone needs assistance with this solution, please let us know.