Two bugs when using Profile Faces.

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Russ4262

Re: Two bugs when using Profile Faces.

Post by Russ4262 »

nahshon wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:35 pm Trying the very latest GIT commits gave me an exception when I try to open the JOB Gui.
Recompiling latest commit from Sunday to try find where thee problem started.

Code: Select all

PathJobGui.ERROR: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/itai/Freecad-src/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobGui.py", line 1273, in Create
    obj.ViewObject.Proxy.editObject(obj.Stock)
  File "/home/itai/Freecad-src/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobGui.py", line 175, in editObject
    return self.openTaskPanel('Stock')
  File "/home/itai/Freecad-src/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobGui.py", line 155, in openTaskPanel
    self.taskPanel = TaskPanel(self.vobj, self.deleteObjectsOnReject())
  File "/home/itai/Freecad-src/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobGui.py", line 529, in __init__
    self.template = PathJobDlg.JobTemplateExport(self.obj, self.form.jobBox.widget(1))
  File "/home/itai/Freecad-src/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobDlg.py", line 289, in __init__
    self.updateUI()
  File "/home/itai/Freecad-src/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobDlg.py", line 323, in updateUI
    opsWithSettings = job.SetupSheet.Proxy.operationsWithSettings()
  File "/home/itai/Freecad-src/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSetupSheet.py", line 248, in operationsWithSettings
    for prop in value.registeredPropertyNames(name):
  File "/home/itai/Freecad-src/build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSetupSheet.py", line 278, in registeredPropertyNames
    return [OpPropertyName(name, prop) for prop in self.properties()]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
I will take a look this evening. I may have missed something. I do appreciate the feedback.

Russ
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

Found the issue. I used incorrect syntax to append a list.

Fix is in the cue, PR #2315 - [Path] PathPocket: Fix SetupProperties() syntax issue.

Dancing anyone. Lately, I've got one step forward and two steps back...

Thanks for the patience and feedback. My apologies for the frustration.

Russ
m0n5t3r

Post by m0n5t3r »

nahshon wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:39 pm Maybe the simplest way is to sort the paths by their size (can use the area). A path with small area cannot contain a path with a larger area. If the paths cannot touch then sorting by XMax-XMin or YMax-YMin may be more efficient. Then process them in order - smaller to larger.

When ordering the paths we also want to plan for minimal jogging (G0 moves) between paths. This calls for topological sorting - actually build a dependency graph. When that dependency graph is sparse there is still some freedom to optimize moves.

Code for playing with is in https://github.com/itain/FreeCAD/tree/PathTopoSort. Branch PathTopoSort. It's not ready for PR yet. Asking for more ideas and some feedback.
I always do the holes as a separate operation[1], so probably that's why I didn't hit this while developing the sort stuff; it's pretty dumb sorting actually, so someone making it smarter is always a welcome addition :)

[1] ... because there's "holes" and "circles" and "circles" don't do the helix thing and I usually want different dressups for perimeter, etc.;
nahshon

Post by nahshon »

m0n5t3r wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:06 pmI always do the holes as a separate operation[1], so probably that's why I didn't hit this while developing the sort stuff; it's pretty dumb sorting actually, so someone making it smarter is always a welcome addition :)
I usually do a single operation when I do not need different handling. Same parameters for all the cuts saves me time and mistakes. In this case when I saw the wrong order problem I tried a separate operation and hit the other bug (which is already fixed).
Anyways, I have added topological sorting in https://github.com/itain/FreeCAD branch PathTopoSort and I'm trying to get some feedback for it. Just fixed a bug caused by a bad merge and also commented out things that were used just for debugging.

I see some weird behavior when there are multiple shapes and "Handle multiple features" is "Collectively". The perimeters (only the perimeters!) are treated as a single shape, meaning that their order cannot be calculated. I need to understand the meaning (new feature).

-- Itai