Path workbench crashes [solved]

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Russ4262

Re: Path workbench crashes

Post by Russ4262 »

Good morning, Sir.
falviani wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm Thank you for all your efforts!!
... While I have a great deal to learn, at least I can now use FreeCAD to do so :D
... I plan to keep up with the nightlies on a regular basis from now on.
Glad to hear of your success with solving the crashes. We sure enjoy FreeCAD and think you will as well. May I state that you probably will not need to update your nightly too often. A lot of the commits that occur are small incremental fixes or improvements, not major features. I'd say once a month is a reasonable frequency - only an observation.

falviani wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm As a retired programmer with too many years of experience, ...
Nice! Cat is out of the bag now, Sir. Should your fingers get twitchy or you find and occasional afternoon would be a bit more challenging with some coding thrown in, we'd be glad to have another developer for Path/CAM.

Welcome to FreeCAD and the Path/CAM forum, where the paths are many and the chips fly freely.

Also, I'd ask that you please perform a final act of closure for this thread by returning to your original post in this topic and editing the title to include a '[Solved]` or `[Fixed]` tag.

Thanks,
Russ
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Path workbench crashes

Post by chrisb »

falviani wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm may I suggest a minor addition that would make development a bit easier: update text windows such as the report view to support at least copying the contents, so it's easier for users to send in supporting data.
Don't know about the windows system, but I guess you can copy there with the right mouse contect menu as well. Ctrl-C probably copies the selected object from the tree.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: Path workbench crashes [solved]

Post by GeneFC »

In the case of Report View the Windows standard shortcut CTRL-C is not implemented. However, a right click brings up a context menu with appropriate functions.

This has been the standard practice in FreeCAD for many years.

GeneFC
Mvedovetto

Re: Path workbench crashes [solved]

Post by Mvedovetto »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Italian/Italy (it_IT)

I encountered the same problem and I was getting angry with FREECAD which hasn't had any problem since I've been using it (three years, not as a pro). After reading hard the forum I solved
1) updating to last stable release
2) updating environment variable creating new "QT_OPENGL" with "desktop" value
3) adding openGL32.dll.

2 and 3 items are shown here https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 7&start=20

Really thank you to the forum. Great!

Marco