[Fixed]Win Build Failure: commit cee9f4f?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

[Fixed]Win Build Failure: commit cee9f4f?

Post by sgrogan »

git commit cee9f4f
I think this https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... 8b53221b41
is causing this

Code: Select all

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	C1010	unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "PreCompiled.h"' to your source?	Path	C:\Users\Chris\GitHub\FreeCAD\src\Mod\Path\App\PathSegmentWalker.cpp	360	
"fight the good fight"
mlampert
Veteran

Re: Win Build Failure: commit cee9f4f?

Post by mlampert »

My bad, I did add it to CMakeList.txt, what else is required for the Windows build?

EDIT: sorry, didn't read the error message correctly. I'll fix it, thanks for the ping.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

mlampert wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:48 pm EDIT: sorry, didn't read the error message correctly. I'll fix it, thanks for the ping.
It's hard to read. I should copy from the log not the error list.

5>C:\Users\Chris\GitHub\FreeCAD\src\Mod\Path\App\PathSegmentWalker.cpp(360): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "PreCompiled.h"' to your source?
Thanks for the quick response.
"fight the good fight"
mlampert
Veteran

Post by mlampert »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:08 pm
mlampert wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:48 pm EDIT: sorry, didn't read the error message correctly. I'll fix it, thanks for the ping.
It's hard to read. I should copy from the log not the error list.

5>C:\Users\Chris\GitHub\FreeCAD\src\Mod\Path\App\PathSegmentWalker.cpp(360): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "PreCompiled.h"' to your source?
Thanks for the quick response.
Interestingly I do include the precompiled header in the header file. That doesn't seem to count though - I've never quite understood how it works and what it does.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

mlampert wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:09 pm Interestingly I do include the precompiled header in the header file. That doesn't seem to count though - I've never quite understood how it works and what it does.
I think this is bad. I think the precompiled.h should never be included in a header, only in the .cpp file. I know wmayer has explained. I'll look for it.

EDIT:https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 90#p226885
"fight the good fight"
mlampert
Veteran

Post by mlampert »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:14 pm I think this is bad. I think the precompiled.h should never be included in a header, only in the .cpp file. I know wmayer has explained. I'll look for it.

EDIT:https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 90#p226885
Thanks for that - I guess I did exactly what should never, NEVER be done. :oops:

EDIT: unfortunately these days each update results in a full recompile, it'll be another hour or so until my build completes and I can submit the PR.
mlampert
Veteran

Post by mlampert »

vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

mlampert wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:03 am PR-2576
Your pull request has a conflict because it seems Werner already added the precompile header into the proper .cpp file. See git commit 0aa0f1c. But it still needs to be removed from the header file. I suggest you rebase to correct the conflict.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
wmayer
Founder

Re: [Fixed]Win Build Failure: commit cee9f4f?

Post by wmayer »

I fixed the build failure because of the missing export macro and pch in the source file. But I didn't realize the PCH inside the header and had no build failure because of this.
mlampert
Veteran

Re: [Fixed]Win Build Failure: commit cee9f4f?

Post by mlampert »

wmayer wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:22 am I fixed the build failure because of the missing export macro and pch in the source file. But I didn't realize the PCH inside the header and had no build failure because of this.
Thanks, I didn't know about the export maccro and have made a note of that, and the PCH guidelines.