Please maintain existing behaviour if possible!

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mlampert
Veteran

Please maintain existing behaviour if possible!

Post by mlampert »

I've just been chasing my tail for an hour because of a change in default behaviour. I probably missed the discussion but we cannot expect that all Users check this forum regularly and keep up with whatever we're currently cooking.

So if you make a change, add a feature, or take one away - please make the default behaviour the way it has been working so far (if still possible).
Russ4262

Re: Please maintain existing behaviour if possible!

Post by Russ4262 »

Understood. I'm guilty.

Let me know what needs restored to 'existing' functionality and I'll work to make it so. Call me on it. I don't mind at all.

Russ
mlampert
Veteran

Post by mlampert »

haha - relax, it wasn't you. And it's not about the specific issue, it's a general call to not trip somebody who's already using Path :D You're too funny.
dubstar-04

Post by dubstar-04 »

Is this something I have done?

I'm getting paranoid now :)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

In general, I think all FreeCAD developers are well aware of this... It's a pretty common consensus in the open-source world to not disrupt the workflow of existing users.

When it happens it usually comes after great extents of discussion. But if not, it's probably a mistake or something that got overlooked by a developer. Since FreeCAD is complex and used very differently by one user or another, it can happen easily. As users, we can do a great job signalling these to the developers so the original behaviour can be restored.

In a strict sense, these things can even be considered as a bug.. Something that was working before and is not working anymore...