Outside partial contour Milling with Path

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
blue0cean

Post by blue0cean »

Values forum members,

I would like to duplicate the outside of a component twice with neither profile based on edges nor profile based on edges succeed in mapping the circle contour. How about the right approach? The drawing is attached.
This thread is ported from the German Fourm : https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39087

I would like to clamp the workpiece on the side with the holes and then the fork milling. Since I run my new router with Linuxcnc I found Path as a great solution to generate G-Code synonymous have many Youtube videos on the subject viewed. Unfortunately, the topic open outline was not shown. No problem, I thought in Estlcam it's quite simple, why should not it work with Freecad and Path? The approach of chrisb, I also briefly followed here, I wanted to remove after the videos of German_Plasma_CNC with Path Dressup the unneeded did not go ...
What's right that is synonymous with Estcam only about engraving:
Anmerkung 2019-09-04 214816.jpg
Anmerkung 2019-09-04 214816.jpg (232.92 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
I do not want to say that it is at Estlcam by Christian Knull better or worse, it should be free of judgment because I draw everything in Freecad and depending on the machine to prepare.

An additional question would still be whether a lathes G-code generator is coming?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18024 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 9cc8f6eb666b0a0ae2dc256f7bc0beb8c987710c
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German / Germany (en_US)

Greeting Hermann
Attachments
SK Montagering.FCStd
(38.41 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
mlampert
Veteran

Re: Outside partial contour Milling with Path

Post by mlampert »

Please do not post pictures of other Path/CAM software in this forum.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Hermann,

it's not possible to mill "open loops" since Path WB changes to Libarea, what happend at FC 0.17.

ATM it seams that nobody has time or desire to change it...

The most things can be solved with a workaround (e.g. a helper pad), or with jumping in and add the code. ;) ;) ;)
Gruß Herbert
blue0cean

Post by blue0cean »

mlampert wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:07 pm Please do not post pictures of other Path/CAM software in this forum.
Sorry that I did not know that it is undesirable. I thought it was easiest to show it that way.
Is there any other way to describe what I intend to do?

As I wrote in the post:
"I do not want to say that it is at Estlcam by Christian Knull better or worse, it should be free of judgment because I draw everything in FreeCad and on the machine to prepare."
Is there any other way to describe what I intend to do?
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Herman,

if i remember right we show the way "use engraving, select the eges to cut and use the tooolcompensation of LinuxCNC" at the german forum... ;)

With an Helperpad it looks like this, at the machine you get a bit "airmilling", but also the cut you need.
helperpad.jpg
helperpad.jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
Attachments
SK Montagering_herbk.FCStd
(54.89 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Gruß Herbert