OpenCamLib not working on latest PPA build

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
pegellinux

OpenCamLib not working on latest PPA build

Post by pegellinux »

Hi, OpenCamLib is not working anymore after update to the latest freecad-dev 19 (PPA)
I was try to recompile OpenCamLib, but it's doesn't work, the error still appear.
On FreeCad 18,3 Opencamlib is still available (works). but it useless since only on freecad 19 my openlib work perfectly.
So I guess this problem not related with my opencamlib-installation, but only on freecad-dev itself...
Did anyone facing similar issue here???.

Code: Select all

OpenCamLib is not working!
Path workbench activated
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurface.py", line 60, in <module>
    import MeshPart
<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: libnglib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathOpGui.py", line 100, in setEdit
    page = self.getTaskPanelOpPage(vobj.Object)
  File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathOpGui.py", line 164, in getTaskPanelOpPage
    mod = importlib.import_module(self.OpPageModule)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurfaceGui.py", line 27, in <module>
    import PathScripts.PathSurface as PathSurface
  File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurface.py", line 60, in <module>
    import MeshPart
<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: libnglib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Just try to load my last work 3d surface file on Freecad-daily 19 (get this error)

Same 3d surface file but load on Freecad 18.3

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.15+
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: OpenCamLib not working on latest PPA build

Post by kkremitzki »

Please try updating, this should be fixed with the latest rebuild. (If not now very soon since you're on 32-bit.)

Edit: Oops, just triggered the build now, so the fix should be coming your way soon.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
pegellinux

Post by pegellinux »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 pm (...)
Edit: Oops, just triggered the build now, so the fix should be coming your way soon.
Thank you very much bro, I'm really appreciated that :D
So while waiting for the next 32-bit PPA build, for now I plan to hold any finishing 3d surface at my cnc, until the PPA build is ready
FreeCad it's great software :D

Edit : the update is here bro, nice, Thank you so much :D. I will try this update and will confirm if the bug is gone or not?

Edit : Unfortunately with those update build PPA can't solve opencamlib problem, the error is till the same.
At error console, it seem like freecad-daily can't find shared file? what file? opencamlib file? did latest daily-build they change the reference path to the Python library?
Why it only happen only on freecad-daily but freecad 0.18.3 opencamlib is works and that error not accoure? very strange...
Hope this error-bug can getting fix soon...
leoheck
Veteran

Post by leoheck »

You can try to launch Freecad with this command

It works for me when I am using freecadcmd-daily instead

Code: Select all

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/netgen/ freecad-daily