NC Verification

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
stustev

NC Verification

Postby stustev » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:48 am

Has anyone attempted NC Verification in FreeCAD? I am talking about importing an NC Gcode file and running it against a model to check/visualize the result of the gcode file.
Kunda1

Re: NC Verification

Postby Kunda1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:08 pm

stustev wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:48 am
Has anyone attempted NC Verification in FreeCAD? I am talking about importing an NC Gcode file and running it against a model to check/visualize the result of the gcode file.
Please elaborate what NC Verification is. This sounds like it belongs in the Path subforum...
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
m0n5t3r

Postby m0n5t3r » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 pm

I think it might be about simulating imported gcode, there was another thread about this recently...
stustev

Postby stustev » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 am

The NC Verification I want would be able to import a CAD model representing the stock (or use FreeCAD to make the model) and import a gcode file into the FreeCAD Verification Module to simulate a machine cutting the part resulting in a cut model showing the result of the gcode file. The gcode file would be the file sent to the NC/CNC machine not some intermediate file requiring further processing.
This cut model would then be comparable to a second model representing the finished part to be machined. The comparison would show material on and undercut conditions. The comparison would show rapid motion into part stock. The comparison would show cutting motion and rapid motion into NC/CNC machine components.
The NC/CNC machine components would be imported from a CAD system or built in FreeCAD (or the Verification module). The Verification Module would allow configuration to simulate all functions of the machine such as spindle on/off, rapid motion, feed motion, coolant on/off, machine travel limits, etc.
The Verification Module would initially handle 5 axis motion ultimately up to at least 10 axes.
thanks
Stuart
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:10 am

Currently there is just the simulation tool going in that direction.