G-code for rounded edges

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rainbowhope

G-code for rounded edges

Post by rainbowhope »

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.18.
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.16rc1
Qt version: 5.11.3
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Russian/Russia (ru_RU)

Hi !
I need to sharpen a rectangular part with rounded edges.
I create a rectangle with rounded corners in the sketch, then squeeze it out and round the edges in 3D. I go to Path-workbench -> 3D Pocket object and try to draw g-code paths in It. In "Depths" set point of Z-zero surface top, -4mm-finish, step 0.1 mm.
The problem is that the paths do not draw the entire rounding geometry, but only part of it, as in the screenshot.
What am I doing wrong ?
Attachments
CNC_3.jpg
CNC_3.jpg (3.58 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
CNC_2.jpg
CNC_2.jpg (101.77 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
CNC_1.jpg
CNC_1.jpg (226.86 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: G-code for rounded edges

Post by chrisb »

Please retry with the next published version of 0.19. There are important improvements in the queue for 3D pocket.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
rainbowhope

Post by rainbowhope »

I try install 0.19 to windows. It work still worse.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I think you installed the current and not the next published version. However, you can replace some Python files to get the current development stuff, see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41997.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
rainbowhope

Post by rainbowhope »

Last edited by rainbowhope on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rainbowhope

Post by rainbowhope »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:23 am I think you installed the current and not the next published version. However, you can replace some Python files to get the current development stuff, see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41997.
The new tool of 3D operations is activete ! - "Surface"
but...
This operation need OpenCamLib
How install OpenCamLib in Linux (Debian) ?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You can use the AppImage, where opencamlib is included, or compile it yourself. That's what I did on Ubuntu, so it should work on Debian too.

I'm sorry, I was always thinking you were talking about 3D sufrface, although you clearly said 3D pocket. Probably because I recently have looked quite some time on 3D surface. You may retry after adding a bottom plate to the model, that's what I usually do with 3D pocket.

BTW: You have emptied a post above. You can delete a post yourself as long as it's the last post in the topic.
rainbowhope

Post by rainbowhope »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm You can use the AppImage, where opencamlib is included, or compile it yourself. That's what I did on Ubuntu, so it should work on Debian too.

I'm sorry, I was always thinking you were talking about 3D sufrface, although you clearly said 3D pocket. Probably because I recently have looked quite some time on 3D surface. You may retry after adding a bottom plate to the model, that's what I usually do with 3D pocket.

BTW: You have emptied a post above. You can delete a post yourself as long as it's the last post in the topic.
Thank you for answer.
In the first time was only "3D-pocket". After set parameter (Tool - Editor - Preferences - Mod - Path - EnableExperimentalFeatures - Boolean - True), activate "3D sufrface".
Unfortunately the tool "3D sufrface" issues error.
AppImage I install from Synaptic (libaapimage-dev and libappimage0).
Problem is not solved.

I don`t know how delete message from forum.

P.S.
Using 3D sufrface I receive Error:
Red text below "This operation need Install of OpenCamLib"
Attachments
CNC_5.jpg
CNC_5.jpg (36.68 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
CNC_4.jpg
CNC_4.jpg (207.94 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
CNC_3D.jpg
CNC_3D.jpg (12.18 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You find the current AppImage here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre.

The new 3D surface is not in Master yet.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Moved to Path forum.