Reordering operations destroys the job

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Reordering operations destroys the job

Post by chrisb »

When doubleclicking the operations in a job it is possible to rearrange the sequence of the operations. However, doing so destroys the job. As an example I use the model attached to this post:

- Double click Operations
- Take the first entry and drag it to the bottom
-> The entry disappears.

Cancelling restores the old situation, but confirming garbles the project. The moved operation occurs outside of the job:
Snip macro screenshot-d7a1b5.png
Snip macro screenshot-d7a1b5.png (19.57 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Rearranging in the Workplan of the job works (almost). It works perfect with the up/down arrows, drag and drop seems to work, but the display becomes void.

If it can be fixed - good. If not, then I would recommend to disable the drag and drop completely and either introduce the arrows in the operations editor or disable editing the operations completely. Perhaps the Job Workplan panel can be reused?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
m0n5t3r

Re: Reordering operations destroys the job

Post by m0n5t3r »

works for me with the current freecad-daily (both drag and drop in operations and the workplan tab in job settings - I never use drag and drop for this, btw); drag and drop in the workplan tab loses the texts, but reorders the operations just fine, arrows work as the gods intended.

I think in your case it messes up the structure somehow (the screenshot shows the operation dropped out of the job operations list)

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.9
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Reordering operations destroys the job

Post by chrisb »

So this may be OS dependent. Any other MacOS user around, Windows?
m0n5t3r wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:54 am I think in your case it messes up the structure somehow (the screenshot shows the operation dropped out of the job operations list)
The indentation of the tree is a bit misleading, it drops indeed out of the job - and of course out of the operations.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.