G-code for rounded edges

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
rainbowhope

Re: G-code for rounded edges

Postby rainbowhope » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:36 pm

herbk wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:21 pm
Hi together,
i think there is still the need to enable the experimental features for 3D Surface OP...
Hi.
The 3D Surface not work. I activated it.
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:08 pm

3D surface relies on opencamlib, which is included in the 0.19 Appimage.
rainbowhope wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:49 pm
1) Are you from the development team?
2) When is the new build planned?
I'm not from the development team, The new builds come usually one or more times a week.
rainbowhope

Postby rainbowhope » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:13 pm

chrisb wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:08 pm
I'm not from the development team, The new builds come usually one or more times a week.
[/quote]

I understood the problem.
Drawing g-code paths didn't cover the entire edge bend because I was choosing a large diameter cutter(I was thinking of using the edge of a thick cutter to remove metal).
To create a relief on the Z-coordinate, you need a thin cutter. If a thin mill is specified, the algorithm creates a route of paths with high detail.

But it takes a very long time to remove all the metal with a thin cutter.
I want to understand how to do two stages in FreeCad: roughing and finishing?
The program in the final stage should take into account how much was removed in the draft stage.
Attachments
menu.jpg
menu.jpg (78.12 KiB) Viewed 74 times
trace.jpg
trace.jpg (655.36 KiB) Viewed 74 times
RatonLaveur

Postby RatonLaveur » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:11 pm

For a finishing step to take into account the material removed in the roughing step, what Path WB needs is rest milling capability. That capability is not simple to add although some contributors have considered it, specifically recently someone wanted to leverage GMesh (gmsh) capabilities already heavily used in FEM workbench to perform rest milling.
rainbowhope

Postby rainbowhope » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:07 pm

RatonLaveur wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:11 pm
For a finishing step to take into account the material removed in the roughing step, what Path WB needs is rest milling capability. That capability is not simple to add although some contributors have considered it, specifically recently someone wanted to leverage GMesh (gmsh) capabilities already heavily used in FEM workbench to perform rest milling.
Rest mill is it ?
Attachments
RestMill.jpg
RestMill.jpg (430.9 KiB) Viewed 56 times