Prevent automatic list fill

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mpetrasinovic

Prevent automatic list fill

Post by mpetrasinovic »

Is it possible to prevent an automatic fill of the list (Base Geometry) with all circular holes eligible for the operation from the model within Drilling operation?
sliptonic
Veteran

Re: Prevent automatic list fill

Post by sliptonic »

If you select holes before creating the operation, it should only use the selection. If you select nothing, it will autodetect drillable holes but you can always clear the list.
mpetrasinovic

Post by mpetrasinovic »

sliptonic wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 pm If you select holes before creating the operation, it should only use the selection. If you select nothing, it will autodetect drillable holes but you can always clear the list.
How to clear the list (Base Geometry) within Drilling operation? Probably a stupid question :)

What you mean by select holes before creating the operation? If I select a circular edge or cylindrical face from the 3D view it does not use the selection.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

mpetrasinovic wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:08 pm How to clear the list (Base Geometry) within Drilling operation?
Select the rows in the geometry tab. (Not the tick selection, you actually have to select the rows. Or select one row and then do Ctrl+A
Then use the 'remove' button
What you mean by select holes before creating the operation? If I select a circular edge or cylindrical face from the 3D view it does not use the selection.
Hmm. This seems to be a regression. It doesn't work for me either. I'm not sure when we lost that.
mpetrasinovic

Post by mpetrasinovic »

sliptonic wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:31 pm Select the rows in the geometry tab. (Not the tick selection, you actually have to select the rows. Or select one row and then do Ctrl+A
Then use the 'remove' button
I will try like that, but what caught my attention is the Reset button, my opinion is that there should be Recognize and Clear buttons instead. For me, this Reset button was misleading (because it is Clear than Recognize it is not reset of the list).
sliptonic wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:31 pm Hmm. This seems to be a regression.
I hope that this will find way back in master.