3D View with machine coordinate system to TechDraw

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
reox

3D View with machine coordinate system to TechDraw

Postby reox » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:13 am

Today I had a look at Path - wow there are so many new things :shock: Very nice!
I played around with it and generated the gcode I want.
Then I created a quick TechDraw drawing to write down a job description and the coordinate systems (I recently saw some video from SolidWorks where they showcased that you can automagically print out such things with all the coordinate systems and fixtures etc).

I would like to be able to export a drawing of the stock body including the zero point and axis descriptions.
TechDraw has "Insert Active View (3D)" - which could be used for this purpose IMO.
However, it is hard to display the coordinate system and the stock, as the coordinate system is only visible if you double click on the job.

Is it somehow possible to show the machine coordinate system alone including the stock as a 3D rendering?
sliptonic

Re: 3D View with machine coordinate system to TechDraw

Postby sliptonic » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 pm

I'm excited to see this post. I've been looking at implementing something like a setup report.
I wrote up some notes in the Path Development Roadmap in the multi job context section

Being able to incorporate a views like this is definitely on my mind.

I have some additional thoughts about how to integrate this into Path. If you'd like to work together, let's chat.