Complete loop selection from two edges (P, L) bug

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Re: Complete loop selection from two edges (P, L) bug

Post by sliptonic »

It may not even be a desirable solution. The original intent was that you could select a set of edges that create a loop and use that as a boundary. There was no reason to expect that all the edges in the loop would lie in the same plane.

For instance, should this be a valid loop?
2020-08-31_10-50.png
2020-08-31_10-50.png (9.26 KiB) Viewed 981 times
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

Looking a little closer at the problem. The issue is not that there are multiple valid wires. The issue is that there is no wire in the Obj.Shape.Wires set that maps to the selection of the beveled edges.

Each wire in Obj.Shape.Wires corresponds to a face and this selection has multiple faces involved in the loop.
Falco

Post by Falco »

I was trying to use complete loop on a gear with polar pockets (cut outs) and I was only able to do one pocket and it refused to do more than one. Is there a way to use this on multiple pockets?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Falco wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:09 pm I was trying to use complete loop on a gear with polar pockets (cut outs) and I was only able to do one pocket and it refused to do more than one. Is there a way to use this on multiple pockets?
Upload a file and a detailed description what you selected before invoking the tool.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.