Was working on the wiki and it occurred once again that we have independently coded Pocket and 3D Pocket operations. Understandably their origins are different, and as far as I know, their code is a bit different. A while back a merger of the pre-existing Contour, Profile Faces, and Profile Edges operations was successful. So, now the question of merging the two pocket operations comes to mind. Are the two not stable and used regularly with success? The Pocket op contains the extensions feature, lacking in 3D Pocket. Looking at the GUI side, the inputs are almost identical. I have not surveyed the actual properties required for each.
Pros? Cons? Reasons therefore?
Running list per posts in this thread:
- Allows extensions to edges because bottom of pocket is horizontal.
- Has `Use outline` feature
- Allows for selection of faces or edges.
- Requires selection of bottom face(s) of pocket.
- Allows for pocketing of hole with non-horizontal bottom.
Thanks for your insights. Not suggesting a timeline here.