[Solved] Adding new toolbits not possible

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
herbk
Veteran

[Solved] Adding new toolbits not possible

Post by herbk »

Btw:
is there anywhere a description how to use the new toolbit management?
I*m still not able to create toolbits, trying to do ends allways "at nowhere", - at a point where nothing happens clicking a button.

I'm pretty sure it's because i'm doing something wrong, but where to read about...

OS: openSUSE Tumbleweed (KDE//usr/share/xsessions/plasma5)
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.23578 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 50c3cbf00579dc4941ca743c25720d016b0453ce
Python version: 3.8.6
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
Last edited by herbk on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gruß Herbert
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Path Tests and PRs (Please Change Topic)

Post by chrisb »

I have split this topic from its original post, please edit the topic so that it resembles the question better. If you think it really belongs to the Paths and PRs topic, I can merge it back.

Concerning the question, there is a video by Sliptonic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgsm3jfHkZ4 and a whole topic about this: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51824
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

It does work. Or at least it can be made to work with some fiddling. But this is new and there are some rough spots that we're still working on. Additional improvements are coming soon.

The toolbits system is incredibly important and central to path. Please test test test!
ceandraka

Post by ceandraka »

herbk wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:09 am Btw:
is there anywhere a description how to use the new toolbit management?
I*m still not able to create toolbits, trying to do ends allways "at nowhere", - at a point where nothing happens clicking a button.

I'm pretty sure it's because i'm doing something wrong, but where to read about...

Herbk:

When the "nothing happens clicking a button" is done, do you have your "Report View" window open? This is where errors will show up.

Please retry, with this window open, and see if you get errors.

I may be experiencing the same thing as you, and have reported such in https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54295

If you don't have the Report View open, you never see the error, and nothing seems to happen

Thanks
Chuck
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Chuck,

you are right, if the output panel is open i get a similar message like you...

Normaly i have the FC setting at "open output panel on errors" but it was deselected, - i don't remember when i have changed it...
Gruß Herbert
ceandraka

Post by ceandraka »

herbk:

See the results in my other posting.

Edit your user.cfg file and manually change the location of the library directory, and delete or change the library file. I suggest a place in your local documents directory to ensure write permission. This fixed it for me. Apparently a known bug being worked on.

Chuck
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

please explain the thread title.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Chuck,
ceandraka wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:25 pm See the results in my other posting.

Edit your user.cfg file and manually change the location of the library directory, and delete or change the library file. I suggest a place in your local documents directory to ensure write permission. This fixed it for me. Apparently a known bug being worked on.
I reed it and i'm sure it works, but that's not the goal. I post this as an answer to sliptonics call for testing, i don't se the reason why chrisb it splits into separate thread...
Gruß Herbert
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

herbk wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm i don't se the reason why chrisb it splits into separate thread...
Please look at the original topic, it was about pull requests and the automated tests going with them.

From my point of view, your question was neither about pull requests, nor about tests. Please tell me if I'm mistaken; I can merge it back.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
herbk
Veteran

Re: Adding new toolbits not possible

Post by herbk »

Hi Chris,

I think i wrote it at an syle where i can be easy mistaken...

Brad asks for tests ( i understand test from everybody), i just want to say: i want to test the new toolbit, here is the first thing i found. ;-)
Gruß Herbert