Path Missing 3D Surface (OCL and EnableExperimentalFeatures are OK)

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freecader2

Path Missing 3D Surface (OCL and EnableExperimentalFeatures are OK)

Post by freecader2 »

Hi,

I ran in to a problem that I can't find any troubleshooting for on the forums. I'd like to use the 3D surface operation. It was working a couple months ago using an AppImage build. But now on a more recent AppImage build (24267) and also compiled from git, the 3D surface operation isn't available (no icon or menu item to select).

Here's what I know so far:
1) Opencamlib is installed and available to FC.

>>> import ocl
>>> dir(ocl)
['AdaptivePathDropCutter', 'AdaptivePathDropCutter_base', 'AdaptiveWaterline',... ... ...

2) EnableExperimentalFeatures = true. I've never changed it since the time when 3D surface was working for me.

3) The 3D Path menu and toolbar only have 3D Pocket available, no 3D Surface or the other one (was it called 3D Waterline or something like that?)

Does anyone have any ideas about what else I may need to do to be able to use the 3D surface operation again?

Thanks!

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24276 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-19
Hash: a88db11e0a908f6e38f92bfc5187b13ebe470438
Python version: 3.8.5
Qt version: 5.12.8
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Path Missing 3D Surface (OCL and EnableExperimentalFeatures are OK)

Post by chrisb »

Moved to Path forum.
This was answered recently, check the forum, it's somewhere in the preferences. (I can check later).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You have to check Preferences->Path->Advanced->Enable OCL dependent features. I will add it to the documentation.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 am I will add it to the documentation.
Done: Path 3DSurface and Path Waterline. Is it sufficient to say "Check Preferences ..." Or should it be "Check the Checkbox in Preferences..."?
freecader2

Post by freecader2 »

That worked, thank you very much. That additional step you put in the docs looks fine.
MRx

Post by MRx »

Now I have the same issue with the latest git version:

Opencamlib is enabled in the preferences.

<class 'AttributeError'>: module 'ocl' has no attribute 'CylCutter'

>>> dir(ocl)
['__doc__', '__file__', '__loader__', '__name__', '__package__', '__path__', '__spec__']

Version: 0.20.24673 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: e66ed26769ce8affe0a4ed330ff0435f4802f05e
Python version: 3.9.0
Qt version: 5.15.2
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/Germany (en_DE)

----

>>> import ocl
>>> dir(ocl)
['AdaptivePathDropCutter', 'AdaptivePathDropCutter_base', 'AdaptiveWaterline', 'AdaptiveWaterline_base', 'Arc', 'ArcSpanType', 'BallConeCutter', 'BallCutter', 'BatchDropCutter', 'BatchDropCutter_base', 'BatchPushCutter', 'BatchPushCutter_base', 'Bbox', 'BullConeCutter', 'BullCutter', 'CCPoint', 'CCType', 'CLPoint', 'CompBallCutter', 'CompCylCutter', 'ConeConeCutter', 'ConeCutter', 'CutterLocationSurface', 'CylConeCutter', 'CylCutter', 'Ellipse', 'EllipsePosition', 'Fiber', 'Fiber_base', 'Interval', 'Line', 'LineCLFilter', 'LineCLFilter_base', 'LineSpanType', 'MillingCutter', 'Path', 'PathDropCutter', 'PathDropCutter_base', 'Path_base', 'Point', 'STLReader', 'STLSurf', 'STLSurf_base', 'SpanType', 'Triangle', 'Triangle_base', 'Waterline', 'Waterline_base', 'WeaveVertexType', 'ZigZag', '__doc__', '__file__', '__loader__', '__name__', '__package__', '__spec__', 'eps', 'epsD', 'epsF', 'version']

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24276 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 0.19.1)
Hash: a88db11e0a908f6e38f92bfc5187b13ebe470438
Python version: 3.8.8
Qt version: 5.12.9
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: C/Default (C)

--------

Edit:
possibly a build issue, I did not see the documentation about this before:
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/OpenCamLib

(I'll test later and update this post when I'm back...)