Path Workbench Repairing an Operation Moved Out of the Job

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
freman

Re: Path Workbench Repairing an Operation Moved Out of the Job

Post by freman »

Thanks for that overview.

I've been digging into the code and it looks like most of this is happening in TreeView.cpp , that is probably where the structural problem lies. Since the things being manipulated may have specific inter-relations dependent on which WB created and controls them, there should probably be derived classes, each with their own methods for testing drag-ability and handling drop events.

I'm seeing code about placement and 4D matrices in TreeView.cpp , which IMO should have been kept more generic and the object specific code handed down to classes written for them.

There's a ton of stuff to plough through to see how this all works. Not simple.
Russ4262

Re: Path Workbench Repairing an Operation Moved Out of the Job

Post by Russ4262 »

freecader2 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:46 am ... Is there a way to get it back in to the Job or should I delete and recreate it where it belongs? And is there a way you can recommend I can avoid doing this in the future? (or just be more careful and save/backup more often?) ...
Afternoon sir.
Since a solution to the problem presented has been identified, please edit the title in the original post, adding a "[Solution]" or "[Solved]" tag. I know we have not fixed the root cause of this particular irritation, but it is a situation that can be fixed/reversed when it does occur.

Thanks,
Russell