OpenCAMLib for Master (0.20)

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Zivatar

Re: OpenCAMLib for Master (0.20)

Post by Zivatar »

Thank You Gene,

I did not think about the filename mismatch, and now I double checked. Everything seems to be ok, however in the attached file there is a mismatch at tools! After that I rebuilt everything (FreeCAD itself also), because the problem is still active. Every directories are clean now. I rebuilt the tools dictionaries and made doublecheck on tool files (which are now the defaults, and I set default tools in the settings of the command's panel...

Could you tell me what files are in Your FreeCAD/Mod/ocl/ folder? I think something is wrong there on my computer.

Thanks,
Zivatar
The error is as it earlier was:

Code: Select all

11:07:56  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/zivatarw/MyDev/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathUtils.py", line 60, in new_function
    res = function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/zivatarw/MyDev/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathOp.py", line 760, in execute
    result = self.opExecute(obj)  # pylint: disable=assignment-from-no-return
  File "/home/zivatarw/MyDev/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurface.py", line 510, in opExecute
    self.cutter = oclTool.getOclTool()
  File "/home/zivatarw/MyDev/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurfaceSupport.py", line 2649, in getOclTool
    oclToolMethod()
  File "/home/zivatarw/MyDev/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSurfaceSupport.py", line 2559, in _oclBallCutter
    self.oclTool = self.ocl.BallCutter(
<class 'AttributeError'>: module 'ocl' has no attribute 'BallCutter'
Zivatar
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

Sorry, I am away from my main CAD computer for a few days.

In any case, I do not have a "Mod/OCL" folder. I have only the precompiled OCL.pyd file that comes with the prepackaged versions of FreeCAD.

It is almost a certainty there is some problem with your installation. As Chris mentioned above it is recommended you use the ready-made appimage if you want to actually use FreeCAD and not experiment with custom modifications.

Gene
Zivatar

Post by Zivatar »

GeneFC wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:13 pm Sorry, I am away from my main CAD computer for a few days.

In any case, I do not have a "Mod/OCL" folder. I have only the precompiled OCL.pyd file that comes with the prepackaged versions of FreeCAD.

It is almost a certainty there is some problem with your installation. As Chris mentioned above it is recommended you use the ready-made appimage if you want to actually use FreeCAD and not experiment with custom modifications.

Gene
Dear Gene,
Thank You for Your attention and the suggestions!

Zivatar