Split Output bug in 0.19.2

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Paula

Split Output bug in 0.19.2

Post by Paula »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.Unknown
Build type: Unknown
Python version: 3.9.4
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/United Kingdom (en_GB)

I've found a bug in the split output function in 0.19.2 when ordering by Operation. To reproduce, make a part with at least two operations, say a pocket and a profile operation. Use the same tool for each operation (very important as if you use different tools you won't see the bug). A file is generated for each operation BUT only the first file contains an M3 command. Attempting to run any of the other files will result in the cutter entering the stock with the spindle idle!

The fix, for the 0.19.2 code base, is in PathPost.py line 383 change

Code: Select all

if tc.ToolNumber != currTool:
to

Code: Select all

if tc.ToolNumber != currTool or split is True:
The same bug occurs if outputting by Fixture. Apply the same fix to line 304.

Looking at GitHub it looks like the bug has been fixed for Operations but is still there for Fixtures so that needs fixing.

Meanwhile, as I need Split by Operation for an upcoming project I've resorted to applying the edit locally.
Silvergator

Re: Split Output bug in 0.19.2

Post by Silvergator »

Using version 0.21.0, this bug also occurs if ordered by tool number and split. The M3, Sxxxx and Fxxxx commands are not in the second g-code file.
Silvergator

Re: Split Output bug in 0.19.2

Post by Silvergator »

This was operator error. After adding a tool from the ToolBit dock, I did not set the controller speeds.