OpenCAMLib + Experimental Features

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
swizzlakalongie

OpenCAMLib + Experimental Features

Post by swizzlakalongie »

Hi!

Is anybody out there using the experimental features from opencamlib on Linux? If so, how are you getting it to work??
After an upgrade on Fedora, It just stopped working for me. Downgrading sends me all the way back to 18.something version... It Forced me to go use Fusion360 but after about an hour I was like " GET ME OUTA HERE!!!!"...

yeah. i love Freecad that much. The workflow is so much better. I need opencamlib back in my life like if it were a lost lover :lol:
Russ4262

Re: OpenCAMLib + Experimental Features

Post by Russ4262 »

Welcome back to the forum.

Please see the `Note` in the Description section for Path_3DSurface in the wiki. It should suffice for instructions.

Russell

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.25026 +7 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: refactor/strategy_based
Hash: 2eef1ad98838156a03815b3cb5001026d5491418
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
swizzlakalongie

Russ4262 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:37 pm Welcome back to the forum.

Please see the `Note` in the Description section for Path_3DSurface in the wiki. It should suffice for instructions.

Russell
Whoa! Thanks Russell! It seems that checkbox under Path Preferences was added sometime after I was already using OCL features, so I didn't notice the change until you told me. Now I can get back to milling hahah
I really appreciate the help. Thanks
swizzlakalongie

Maan freecad works so nicely for me that I'm actually going to teach it as the main software for an upcoming course. It's that good I ran into this problem, so I don't get stuck on a noob/RTFM issue like this when the time comes. :D