Post Processing failure

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Fborato

Post Processing failure

Post by Fborato »

Hi,
I'm having problems post processing. When I do it just after open the program it works well, but at the second time apear the failure above and don't save the Gcode. When it happen i must close Freecad, open it again and then it works post processing only once.
Somebody know how can I solve it? Thanks in advance.

Running the Python command 'Path_Post' failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.19\Mod\Path\PathScripts\PathPost.py", line 396, in Activated
(fail, rc, filename) = self.exportObjectsWith(finalpostlist, job)
File "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.19\Mod\Path\PathScripts\PathPost.py", line 211, in exportObjectsWith
gcode = processor.export(objs, filename, postArgs)
File "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.19\Mod\Path\PathScripts\PathPostProcessor.py", line 100, in export
return self.script.export(obj, filename, args)
File "C:/Program Files/FreeCAD 0.19/Mod/Path/PathScripts/post\linuxcnc_post.py", line 197, in export
job = PathUtils.findParentJob(obj)
File "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.19\Mod\Path\PathScripts\PathUtils.py", line 444, in findParentJob
if hasattr(i, 'Proxy') and isinstance(i.Proxy, PathJob.ObjectJob):

Cannot access attribute 'Proxy' of deleted object

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24291 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-19
Hash: 7b5e18a0759de778b74d3a5c17eba9cb815035ac
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: Portuguese/Brazil (pt_BR)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Post Processing failure

Post by chrisb »

You should retry with the latest 0.20. If the problem persists, you may upload the file, but you should definitely tell, which postprocessor you use.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bmsaus4ax

Post by bmsaus4ax »

Fborato wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:33 pm Hi,
I'm having problems post processing. When I do it just after open the program it works well, but at the second time apear the failure above and don't save the Gcode. When it happen i must close Freecad, open it again and then it works post processing only once.
Somebody know how can I solve it? Thanks in advance.
Have a look at the thread at "https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... ff#p490458 "
Read back through the thread also to get the context, but this seems to be what you are experiencing.

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.25131 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 7c519689f0d5ea78fb3292be36a857d283c05507
Python version: 3.9.5
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.2
Locale: English/Australia (en_AU)
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

This looks a lot like the error that sometimes occurs when changes are made to the model after the Job is created.

The message
Fborato wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:33 pm Cannot access attribute 'Proxy' of deleted object
is the sort of thing that shows up after delete, undo, reordering, etc. I recall there is some issue between C++ and Python in which the synchronization of deletions is not quite complete.

If the post processing works correctly the first time then it is not likely a problem with the post processor (appears to be linuxcnc in this case).

I do not know a solution except to try to avoid a lot of changes after the Job is created. Parameter changes are fine, but subtracting and then re-adding operations sometimes leads to this sort of crash. Also I have had this sort of error when re-entering the Job definition task and then cancelling without making any changes.

Gene