Small Touch-up Operations

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freecader2

Small Touch-up Operations

Post by freecader2 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide suggestions about how I can clean up some edges of my paths.

The 2nd example screenshot shows an 'X' over the extra material I'd like to remove. The arrow in the 1st one shows (what I think would be) an ideal path to do it. But I can't figure out how to create that path at the correct height (of the horizontal beam towards the right side), and avoid cutting all the way around the the center block which would destroy the taller areas at the top and bottom.

Thanks in advance for any ideas how this could be done!
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-09-13 12-48-18.png
Screenshot from 2021-09-13 12-48-18.png (49.32 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
Screenshot from 2021-09-13 12-48-55.png
Screenshot from 2021-09-13 12-48-55.png (61.3 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
Russ4262

Re: Small Touch-up Operations

Post by Russ4262 »

Evening.
Provision of a source file would be very helpful. If the part in its entirety is copyrighted or patented or other intellectual or protected work, consider creating a Cube in Part WB. Make the dimensions large enough to include the focused area displayed in the picture, then apply a Common tool so just that portion of the actual part is represented. Use Part WB and create a simple copy of the new Common object and place that simple solid in a new file to be shared. In this way you might be able to share portions of work here in the forum that otherwise would be impossible for valid reasons.

Thanks,
Russell
Last edited by Russ4262 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
freecader2

Re: Small Touch-up Operations

Post by freecader2 »

That's good advice to provide an example file, I'll do that in the future. In this case, I found a solution- creating operations using the "bottom" faces gets the tool to move X/Y around the needed location, and then I can just set the depths.

Thanks!