808D Post Processor

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Nzkiwicnc

808D Post Processor

Post by Nzkiwicnc »

Hi all,

I am in search of a post processor for my Sinumerik 808D mill controller. Can anyone help?
Many thanks
chrisb
Veteran

Re: 808D Post Processor

Post by chrisb »

Have a look at the Path Postprocessor Customization page.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

That looks like a fairly sophisticated controller, but I could not find anything in the brochure other than "accepts g-code". It also accepts dxf directly, so it has at least some built-in CAM capability.

I found another reference to g-codes for that controller, and it appears to follow the basic standard codes that have been around for 40 years or so.

If you have no further information I would start with the linuxcnc postprocessor. It pretty much follows the industry standard codes with no extras like one might find for specific machine brands.

If that does not work directly then you will need to modify some existing postprocessor.

Gene
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

GeneFC wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:55 pm It also accepts dxf directly
Then the dxf postprocessor is an option too.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Nzkiwicnc

Post by Nzkiwicnc »

Thank you both!! I will try those as a starting point and see how I get on.
Thanks again,
CryptoMonkey

Post by CryptoMonkey »

Hi All!! This is my first time posting. I notice that back in November 2021 someone had the same problem I am having. I am looking for a Sinumerk 808D postprocessor. My question is: Have anyone has generated a Sinumerik 808D postprocessor for FreeCAD?