Feature Request: custom feed rate for drilling

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Re: Feature Request: custom feed rate for drilling

Post by sliptonic »

MRx wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:27 am
Wich machine controller / Postprozessor do you use?
I'm using LinuxCNC at the machine, which don't pause at a M6 command if the tool number is the same as before.
I'm using linuxcnc and my system will stop for a manual tool change and measure the TLO, automatic tool change outside the overridden code is is usually done with M61 on my side.
sliptonic wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:27 am MRx wrote: ↑Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:11 pm
Still if I add another tool controller I will end up having M6 in the code.
That's not how it's designed to work. If the tool number is the same no tool change code is inserted. If that's happening, it's a regression bug.
Yes and it won't change the speeds and feeds if the tool number doesn't change.

Certainly there are multiple ways out there (including modifying the g-code which I do regularly anyway).
Yes it will change feed/speed. Only tool change is suppressed.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

sliptonic wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:41 pm Yes it will change feed/speed. Only tool change is suppressed.
I just double checked this. The current behavior is correct for feed rate but an updated spindle speed is not being passed.

In other words two tool controllers with the same tool number will NOT trigger a tool change. They WILL use the correct (differing) feed rates but they will NOT change the spindle speed.

This is a bug. A fix shouldn't be difficult. I'll look at it this week.
MRx

Post by MRx »

Hi,

ok just forget about it - even with metal sheet the holes are too inaccurate with the endmill the solution is I'm forced to use a drill.

Anyway thanks for trying to help here!