(Solved) Best way to set up bridges?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
pathfinder

(Solved) Best way to set up bridges?

Post by pathfinder »

Hey all,

I have multiple shapes i want to cut out of a single piece of MDF. I guess the easiest way to go about this in FreeCAD is to just put them closely together, make them one body and use the outline path on it, right?
However, what I'm either missing or overlooking is an easy way to set bridges. I need the pieces to stay connected to the stock, to not have them fly around. How would I go about this?

TIA
Last edited by pathfinder on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jescombe

Re: Best way to set up bridges?

Post by jescombe »

Once you have your profiling operation as you want it, select it in the model and then use the Path->Path Dressup->Tag Dress-up menu item to add the tags (bridges) to keep the stock in place..

Cheers, Jon
pathfinder

Re: Best way to set up bridges?

Post by pathfinder »

jescombe wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 pm Once you have your profiling operation as you want it, select it in the model and then use the Path->Path Dressup->Tag Dress-up menu item to add the tags (bridges) to keep the stock in place..

Cheers, Jon
Thanks a lot! Good to know they're called tags in english, that would've certainly helped :oops: