pick pocket problem.

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freman
Veteran

pick pocket problem.

Post by freman »

Hi,

I have a 3D part with two pockets in a block. When I try to get a pocket path it fails. It seems it is impossible to select the just the bottom of one pocket in 3Dveiw. Which ever I click on I get both selected.

In the path edit I just see one face selected but it fails creating a path:

Code: Select all

13:59:29  PathFeatureExtensions.ERROR: Extend Outline error 2
13:59:29  PathFeatureExtensions.ERROR: Waterline error 1
13:59:43  PathPocketShape.ERROR: Pocket does not support shape Model-Body.Face70
13:59:43  PathGeom.INFO: Zero working area to process. Check your selection and settings.
Originally this piece had a slot between the two pockets on the reverse side. Which I set to zero depth. The screenshot seems to show three difference surfaces getting highlit when I click on either of the curved inner surfaces.

First screenshot is taken from the top of the pocket in the path dialogue.

It seems odd I can select separate faces in the path dlg but not in 3D view. Is there some ambiguity in the model which is confusing the 2.5D pocket tool?

I was expecting the 2.5D tool to project the area on z=0 plane and clear the main volume, then I can use 3D tool to dig out the concave bottom surface.

TIA.

[EDIT]
New pocket-error-tidy.FCStd file. I've tidied up some very slight misalignments in the model due to where I was placing symmetry constraints but this does not seem to fix the issue.

OS: Fedora 34 (Thirty Four) (LXQt//usr/share/xsessions/lxqt)
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.26155 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 0926a4148bcff11249fd4f56bc30256102ffe105
Python version: 3.9.7
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/United Kingdom (en_GB)
Attachments
pocket-error-tidy.FCStd