Pull request discussion for Path postprocessor tests

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
luvtofish

Re: Pull request discussion for Path postprocessor tests

Post by luvtofish »

LarryWoestman wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:01 pm That error message was familiar to me :D

After the Path file structure rearrangement I ran into some cases where I found "import Path.Post.Processor as PostProcessor", which doesn't work. It needs to be "from Path.Post.Processor import PostProcessor" instead. I fixed the cases where I noticed the problem.

I just searched through the entire Path subdirectory in my build tree and found one more case in Mod/Path/Path/Main/Gui/PreferencesJob.py. You might want to try changing that file in your installed version of FreeCAD and see if that helps. If it does let me know and I will file a Pull Request and issue to get it fixed. I don't usually use the GUI when testing my code so I probably would not have executed that file.

I just noticed that the exception is being thrown from that file, which makes it even more likely that that is where the problem is.
Unfortunately, I'm running a v21 development AppImage on Linux. I tried copying just that file into my FreeCAD root, but no dice-- it's still picking up the version compiled into the AppImage.

I'm running FreeCAD on Oracle Linux 8 which is missing a large number of libs and things needed for a compile from source or I'd go that route. I believe there's a way to modify the AppImage but I don't know how to do that.

UPDATE:
I found instructions on modifying the AppImage on the Wiki. Turn's out after making your suggested changes, the error goes away!!!
Feel free to put in a PR to add that change.

Thanks @LarryWoestman

Dan
LarryWoestman

Post by LarryWoestman »

I have filed Problem issue #8013 and PR issue #8012 which should fix this problem.
luvtofish

Post by luvtofish »

LarryWoestman wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:40 pm I have filed Problem issue #8013 and PR issue #8012 which should fix this problem.
Thank you Sir!